G'Day

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to bed now.

Night Australia! Hopefully tomorrow won't be quite so chaotic...

Although I will need to write and record 2 songs, clean the house, and possibly look into submitting something to a few magazines, which might just involve writing new material purpose-built for their criterion...

But still - a little less chaotic than today. :)

Night!

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
night Cliff.. Lol, luna, i think we are always going to sound a little like our MCs

Occupational hazard of writing 1st person. Emily doesn't think the same way I do, but she definitely speaks the way I do.

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. Emily is pretty sex crazed. She seems to think about it most of the time. What does that say about me? *gulp* LOL.

Anyhoodles, I just sent you another email! *singsong voice* Not finished with the notes yet for 3-6 but should be soon.

Night night australia!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
morning. I was too busy enjoying the drama in the If your SO didn't approve thread!

Whoa some of the views in there just about blew my head off, lol.

I forgot my USB today! I can't do any editing! any commenting! yargle!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile, when I went to make my morning coffee and let the dog out of the kitchen, I found she had left me a couple of presents to clean up.

This is exactly why I didn't want mum to get another dog...

Mum seems to have a problem listening to her children when it comes to pets. Back when I was still living with "friends", sis was about to move back in with mum. Sis was coming home from England.

Anyway, mum asked her, "Would you prefer I got another dog, or a cat?"
Sis: "Dog, definitely."

So when sis got home the next week, mum had a cat.

And then last year when our old dog died, mum asked me if I'd prefer a dog or a cat. "Neither. I always have to clean up after dogs, and cats bite and scratch me."

So she got a dog...

*headdesk*

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
On the plus side though, they're supposed to be stress relievers!

ETA - I suppose that's an option... I do have a sequel document I'm working on. I know they say not to do that until you have representation for the first though!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, I know my stress was relieved when I was cleaning up a puddle... *headdesk*

Eh, I do like the dog, I guess... it's just that I always seem to be the one cleaning up after her, even though it's mum's dog and I pointedly said I would prefer no pets at all.

As for the sequel... My Fave #4 is a 2/3-finished sequel to Fave 2. If it were finished, and could be sent out independent of the first book, then it'd easily be Fave 3.

Actually, it could well edge into Fave 2 position... I do think it's funnier than the original book in the series, with a better opening...

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
You should try horses Cliff - now there's some significant clean up!;)

Today, I work on ... The Query. :e2thud:

Note that I did not say Synopsis. Some evils are best left until they cannot be avoided...

I figure-this being my first attempt an all-I should spend some time perusing my 'how to write a good one' links first. That should be good for a couple of hours of procrastination.:)

Tell the truth MM, you left it home on purpose because you hate my book and my Betaing and wanted to get out of both!:tongue

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
And, lol. I don't hate your book, LF. It's very enjoyable :)

Besides, I can still read it, comment, and send it to my email, but I don't remember which point I'd edited up to.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Lol! MM

Right I've filled out the middle bit of Nathan Bransford query formula.

Which pretty much looks like this

[protagonist name] is a [description of protagonist] living in [setting]. But when [complicating incident], [protagonist name] must [protagonist's quest] and [verb] [villain] in order to [protagonist's goal].

So now I have to flesh it out.

Why do suddenly I feel itchy?:D Urrrrrgh!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
ooh I saw that yesterday and wanted to do mine! I think it's like the 3 major questions sticky in query SYW. Romance ones require a different format. I wonder what that different format would look like? I couldn't come up with anything better than...

[protagonist name] is a [description of protagonist] living in [setting], who [reason for being single] But when [complicating incident], [protagonist name] must [protagonist's obstacle to love] and [verb] [hero] in order to [Live HEA].

lol

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Hang on - I remember seeing something about that somewhere. I'll hunt it out for you!

In the meantime.

This is my first effort. Tell me what you think. I know it needs more work, don't worry, it only took 15 minutes... lol!

Cearul mac Ruarc (Gannon in the mortal realm) is a Seelie sidhe with a problem, he’s addicted to sex with mortal women. Exiled from Faerie for inadvertently causing the deaths of mortal maidens, he is given one last chance at returning home. Sent to San Francisco, he is charged with restoring the memory of the lost incarnates—Faerie souls born into human bodies—that, owing to a gaff in Faerie, are unaware of their true nature.
[FONT=&quot]Things are going well enough, he is getting a handle on his addiction and the Otherkin—the name the incarnates have coined for themselves—are remembering. But when the Otherkin start disappearing, and he uncovers an Unseelie plot to use their power to unleash a genocidal invasion of the mortal realm, Gannon sees his hopes of a victorious return to his homeland slipping away. Fighting the resurgence of his addiction, he must find his Otherkin and try to stop the Unseelie Fae from swarming the city. If he fails, he can never go home.

[/FONT]Argh! the formatting went squiffy when I pasted it. Still you get the picture lol!

I shall return with linkage for you - I hope!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
thanks Luna!

I think that's quite good, actually, although I think that there are a few instances of terms t hat you could cut down on. I'd either stick with Otherkin, or with incarnates, not use both. I got told off when I called my MC Emily and Em. They said to stick with one.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, not quite the same, but this is the link I meant. I found it researching erotica guidelines, it's for Harper Collins e-book imprint - who take unsolicited subs.

http://www.passionatepen.com/subchecklist.htm

And here is another imprint of HC - Avon and their guidelines.

http://www.avonromance.com/2010/03/19/avon-romance-submission-guideline/

Yer, making the distinction between the incarnates and the Otherkin is clunky. I know it. But they are different and I'm not at the stage where I can let go of the need to clarify - three more drafts before then I think lol! :D

You know, the point where I finally realise that I. Can't. Make. It. Work. :roll: