Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I understand the puppies thing. I think it was more the disconnect between you and something cute and fluffy that didn't go horribly, tragically wrong for the fluffy thing.

:D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I moved 'moving day' from Thursday to Monday and am now freaking out even more. Only one week to go and there is way too much crap to do!

Puppies are cute. My stepmom brought home 3 German shepherd puppies (about 4-5 months old) last week. They're loving the farm. :)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I moved 'moving day' from Thursday to Monday and am now freaking out even more. Only one week to go and there is way too much crap to do!

Now is when you start to realize you can make do with a lot less. Or at least that's been my philosophy the past two moves. My possessions keep dwindling.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Now is when you start to realize you can make do with a lot less. Or at least that's been my philosophy the past two moves. My possessions keep dwindling.

I'm the opposite - when I see that I am missing things I thought I had (especially if a collection is *nearly* complete aside from that one thing) then I go out and buy more stuff...

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I've never been one to own too much. All the furniture I have is a bed, desk, desk chair, tv/stand and 2 bookcases. The rest of my possessions are clothes, books and kitchen/bathroom stuff. It'll be a light move, its just hard because my OCDness doesn't let me throw stuff in at random. :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
:hooray: Abby you are finally out of there! Almost.

Good luck with moving.

We're actually in the process of getting rid of furniture. Not because we're moving, but because we've been the lucky recipients of a TON of new furniture. (sort of emergency estate sale giveaway) It's perfect timing because our old stuff (all on its last legs from previous owners to start with) is REALLY beginning to fall apart. I get teased because I have this one chair that I had to fashion a seat out of a USPS cardboard box. :rolleyes: It's not that bad, really. You just can't sit in it if you're over 150. No biggie. :Shrug: I always snag it at parties to avoid any embarrassing accidents from someone else sitting in it. That's the polite hostess thing to do, I figure. :D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ha! I have two recliners I'm getting rid of. :D

Can you borrow a truck from someone? For, like, a couple beers or something? Make it worth their time and gas to get the chairs maybe. :Shrug:

Depending on how much you can afford, you can also rent a truck. We do it sometimes for the dump. It's maybe 20 bucks. Depending on how far you're going and how fast you can go.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Ha! I have two recliners I'm getting rid of. :D

Can you borrow a truck from someone? For, like, a couple beers or something? Make it worth their time and gas to get the chairs maybe. :Shrug:

Depending on how much you can afford, you can also rent a truck. We do it sometimes for the dump. It's maybe 20 bucks. Depending on how far you're going and how fast you can go.

It's an hour and a half one-way, sadly. I have somebody with a truck, but it's hard catching him sober. I'll figure this one out eventually.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So...I just got a secondhand Smithsonian Chemistry Lab Set. Minus the instructions. I have no idea how to do anything with all the chemicals and pipettes and trays and stuff. :Shrug:

But look out. I'm gonna go try and blow some sh*t up. :evil

If I'm not back tonight, you'll know why.

You should be able to find the instructions online, I would think. Also, those chemicals are all diluted from their original strength so I don't believe you'll be making meth or anything like that.

Either way, have fun

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The best part is when you have a beaker full of steaming whatever and you run outside looking insane and shout, "I've done it!"
Well, yeah, I'm *totally* gonna do THAT. Of course.

That sounds like fun, Soapy. Can you blow up my 'old' apartment management headquarters?
Gladly. :D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Bit by a spider, ended up in the ER. Spiders are serious business.

I'm fine, or I will be, but I am going to quickly develop a new fear.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bit by a spider, ended up in the ER. Spiders are serious business.

I'm fine, or I will be, but I am going to quickly develop a new fear.

Holy Crap! What kind of spider? I live in a basement apartment and have done so for the past 5 years. I've been bitten a few times, but by nothing too dangerous.

What did they do for you in the ER? Did you have to bring the dead thing with you so they would know what it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.