Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He wised up and left the house, taking The Kid to a lumber yard. She wants to learn woodworking, and they make simple shelves together. The first one's still standing, but it filled up pretty quick with books.

Maryn, clean and dripping

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The clock has turned a new decade, and in my sleeplessness, I found the Hooters pageant on the tube. I'm wondering what was represented in greatest volume there, silicone/saline or bikini wax. Collectively, I only made it through half the swimsuit "competition" and here I am posting at AW. In all of our virtual-ness of the web, we are more real than those contestants, and I know our goals involve more than a tittie-sash and a crown of zircons. A raised bottle of Pacifico to all HOLers and all AWers.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The clock has turned a new decade, and in my sleeplessness, I found the Hooters pageant on the tube. I'm wondering what was represented in greatest volume there, silicone/saline or bikini wax. Collectively, I only made it through half the swimsuit "competition" and here I am posting at AW. In all of our virtual-ness of the web, we are more real than those contestants, and I know our goals involve more than a tittie-sash and a crown of zircons. A raised bottle of Pacifico to all HOLers and all AWers.
We watched a movie that ended at about 11:45, then watched TV coverage in Times Square, after which we flipped between the Hooter's pageant and a nature show about a baby gnu.

The Kid and I had a lovely time noting what was either wrong or false about each body. (Mr. Maryn seemed to tune us out. Easy, since he had about half the bottle of champagne.) Man, some of the surgeons doing implants must never have seen a real breast! And did you see how low the front of the swimsuit bottom goes these days? I don't know how brunettes, even with razors, manage.

Oh, well, plastic girls for shallow men. I'll take a real human who accepts me, warts and all, any day.

Maryn, wishing you all the best year yet

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the New Year's coverage was pitiful. Our local NBC just had a countdown clock! WTF?! Was there not even a national feed they could use. And ABC had pathetic teen music. We did get to see the ball drop on Fox finally. Before that our friend brought us a late Christmas gift, a new Blue Ray player, and be brought District 9 and Nine to watch on it. I didn't like District 9 and went to fold clothes and watch Lifetime while the boys watched the rest of it. He also brought steak. Mmm....

I also made two batches of Jam yesterday. Tomorrow I am going to make Blueberry Bonanza!!!! (Doesn't that just sound fun? It's actually two things, blueberry syrup and blueberry butter.)

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, jam! Now I wish I really was your neighbor in Writerville.

Somehow I never baked the bread I was planning to send distant family members for New Years. I should just buckle down and do it Sunday, ship it Monday, and be glad I managed, huh?

Maryn, lazy (but I was writing!)

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone ever clean this hot tub up?

Happy New Year Everyone!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yeah, Sassy and I cleaned the hot tub--when was it, Sassy, September?

Our former next door neighbor had a pool and a hot tub which she'd closed without draining, and man, they grew some amazing, gross stuff. Unlike our hot tub, which is pure and pristine.

Maryn, suspecting it's the alcohol

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I pour some bleach in there now and then. ;)

I wish we were neighbors too Maryn.

Tomorrow I am going to make soup with the hambone and left over ham and I am going to make the Blueberry Bonanza and maybe some more jam.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Hey all...Happy New Year to everybody!

I am back but will not be around for a while. I'm busy processing and writing. Had a wonderful time. Saw many incredible incredible things. Will be back soon.

Have a great New Year!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I echo Stew--good to know you're back safe and sound, eager to hear all about it. Meanwhile, write-write-write!

Maryn, who missed Kevin

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
It is cold here.The windchill is only eight above. I'm really glad my sister gave me such a warm cap for Christmas.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty bad here, too. A fine day to stay inside. We need to take down the Christmas tree (which I just hate doing), and it could be the perfect day to rip out carpet in Kid Two's soon-to-be-former room as well.

Mr. Maryn and I were talking last night about the weather and renewed our little pledge to just accept it as part of living here. This is a great town, and the nearby city, while it has its faults, is also just fine. He urged me to replace my parka (I kill zippers, so my present one, closed only with its snaps, lets in cold air) and whatever else I need for cold, and to order another cord of firewood if I want more fires.

Maryn, whose feet are the only cold thing at the moment

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you might need some thermal socks, Maryn.
I took my Christmas money to Rural King and bought myself some more gloves, as well as scales to keep track of my weight.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'd stop running around barefoot twelve months a year, it would help. Once a hippie, always a hippie, huh?

Maryn, who no longer lives in tattered jeans

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I run around in slippers even in summer. I add socks when it is cold.

KTC! Glad you had a great time.

MAN! For those of you keeping track, I said I was going to make BLueberry Bonanza whisch is blueberry syrup and blueberry butter respectively. I don't care how good it tastes, I'll not be making it again. over 5 hours! ! Bah! Part of that was not knowing what to expect, but damn. Let me tell you it is not simple to strain the liquid from the pulp. That alone took an hour. But in other news I made strawberry jam with a new recipe that has lemon and cinnamon and nutmeg. It's yummy.

I also forgot to soak the beans for the ham and bean soup so I haven't made that yet.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
With Hubs returning to work today and the kids returning to school tomorrow, I'm expecting my life to return to some sort of routine. In other words, I expect to actually get some writing and reading done and even play here a bit. Their vacations are always my busiest, but often most enjoyable times, but I will be glad to get some "me" time back. I'm selfish like that.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far my First day back isn't so bad. mr. Groove talked me into staying up a little late for a school night and not getting up ridiculously early to ease me back into my routine. Besides, it was too cold to walk the dog anyway. poor baby dog.

Tomorrow though, ridiculously early here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.