• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. (Kevin Trudeau)

Reaction score
anybody know anything about this? the Natural Cures guy declares at the back of his book that he "wants to publish your book." has he ever published anybody's book besides his own?

Reaction score
yeah, but isn't the govt mad at him for exposing them? wouldn't they prefer his name be tarnished so people don't take him seriously

rubin "hurricane" carter was convicted of murder after he passed a lie detector test sayin he aint do it. if the govt wants you convicted, they can usually make it happen, unfortunately

edgyllama

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
You honestly believe that the government is out to get him? I mean, if you want to submit to him, knock yourself out, but I think you can do much. much better. Aim high.

Reaction score
who's had more success in recent memory than Kevin Trudeau? he's practically a household name.

i'm only asking if anybody knows about his publishing house; i haven't necessarily chosen him. i need to find out more info

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Kevin Trudeau is a proven scam artist, not an oppressed truth-teller. It's not just the government who says this--it's the average person who's bought his crappy books. See here for instance.

If you want to be treated fairly by a publisher, choosing one headed by someone who's a con artist is hardly the right move.

Reaction score
well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher. he obviously knows how to make a book popular which is all of our goal

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher

It certainly speaks to his overall trustworthiness. Who wants to do business with known scam artists? As for "Well, he made a financial success out of his own books," I would answer "What motivation would he have to make a success out of someone else's book, when he could instead continue to turn out his own nonsense and keep 100% of the profit?"

Reaction score
as a business man he'd surely be interested in making money off of other people's writing endeavors, just as any other publishing house would be interested in it. he gets paid without having to write the book. i can see where he'd be motivated by that. can't you?

it's not easy to keep turning out "your own nonsense." eventually you run out of inspiration.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher. he obviously knows how to make a book popular which is all of our goal

Why ask any questions since you seem to have all the answers?

The man is a scam artist and a convicted felon. If this is what you seek in a publisher of your works, then you have found the perfect fit.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Leaving all the above aside, I'd be wary of someone who declares on the back of his book that he wants to publish mine.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
as a business man he'd surely be interested in making money off of other people's writing endeavors, just as any other publishing house would be interested in it. he gets paid without having to write the book. i can see where he'd be motivated by that. can't you?

He's scammed people out of their money before, and I doubt this leopard will change his spots. He's motivated to fill his pockets, not yours.

it's not easy to keep turning out "your own nonsense." eventually you run out of inspiration.

Therein lies your problem. If this is how you feel about your work(s), I recommend you find something else to do with your free time. Perhaps, writing is not for you.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Prophet Elijah, the key questions to ask are these:

- Has he published other peoples' books to date?

- Are those books available in bookstores?

- If they're not available in bookstores, how do you think he's going to get enough sales to make you money?

- Is he able to give you a verifiable breakdown of the sales he's made to date and does he have a veriable marketing plan for selling your books?

- Given the certain dubious reputation that this man seems to have and his tendency to promote himself at the same time as his product, do you really want your work associated with him?

- What is this guy doing that you can't already get at an established publisher, or which you can't do yourself via Lulu or any other self-publishing site?

MM

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Do you know why successful scam artists do what they do? It's not so much the money. Most of them are clever enough that they could make quite a bit (if not as much) money legitimately if they wanted. They do it because they get a kick out of making fools of people. If they can get one over on the mark, they win. That's all that truly matters: showing how much smarter they are than their marks.

If he's a scam artist (I've never heard of this guy, so I'm basing my remarks on this thread alone), why would you trust him? You don't hand the keys to your cash box over to the guy you know once robbed a bank, and you don't trust your hard work to a guy who has proven himself untrustworthy.

You spent, I assume, weeks or months or years working on your book. Don't throw all that hard work away.

Hobbes

Sneaky. In a good way.
Registered
Reaction score
Kevin Trudeau has scammed people outside the world of publishing as well. He started the IPT (International Pool Tour) for pro players with millions of $$ "guaranteed" in prize money. There were hefty entry fees to play in the various tournaments and guess what? The winners still haven't been paid everything they're due.

Trudeau is only looking to line his own pockets. Steer clear.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, the dude has seventeen years of documented scams. He's defrauded private citizens. It isn't just the government coming after him. If you want to throw away your money, he's a good bet.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note that Trudeau's Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. of Elk Grove Village, IL, is not to be confused with Alliance Publishing Group of Birmingham, AL.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
who's had more success in recent memory than Kevin Trudeau?

Lots of people.

he's practically a household name.

Not in my household.

Yes. And he can also take your money and do nothing, effectively getting paid to not publish any book. That's what scam artists do.

You do?

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Because he's a scam artist and that's what scam artists do. They charge you for services and don't deliver. That's why it's a scam. That's why people are advising you to avoid him.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Is he actually opening a publishing house? That's an infomercial I wanna see!