How do I make damn sure my vote is counted?

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I know there are tricks both parties use to get their votes thrown out. How do concerned citizens make sure their vote isn't thrown out? I was hoping we could get a decent compilation of data RE voting here.

-B

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
I know there are tricks both parties use to get their votes thrown out. How do concerned citizens make sure their vote isn't thrown out? I was hoping we could get a decent compilation of data RE voting here.

-B
Here are the steps:

1) Register to Vote
2) Go to your appointed polling place at the appointed time.
3) Follow the instructions on how to fill out your ballot (be it paper, electronic, puch-cards, or something else.
4) Vote
5) Double-check your entries in #3 above.
6) Finalize your vote (Pull the lever, push the button, put the card in the voting box, or what the instructions in #3 above indicate.

There, all done.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score

-B
Get a job with Diebold. That way you'll already know who won, and won't have to go to the polls and all that stuff. :D

diebold_1.jpg

This message brought to you by FedGov Corporation.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, guys. You're shattering my idealism here.
Amusing words from the Demon Party VP nominee.

BTW, you better go support my cry for third-party votes in the "Three Different Views on Voting" thread if you expect to get elected. :D

Jimmyboy1

Banned
Reaction score
First, I'll cast an absentee ballot. But I'll make sure it's not labeled "military", so Gore's attys won't try to discount it for improper postage.

Second, I'll go to a state/county where Obama and the Dems have set up "same day registration/voting" which requires no check of residence. I'll vote three times there. Once, dressed in my normal clothes. Then I'd return in my Napoleon Dynamite costume, then the third time dressed in my black wig, 'stash, and my "vote for Pedro" tee.

Third, I'll cast a vote with the motor/voter registration at the DMV. Heck, my license was outdated anyway. Come to think about it, I might drive in NY and NJ, too, so I'd better get licenses for those states while I'm at it.

Fourth, I'd go to a homeless shelter and give the first demented elderly person I found a carton.. no...two packs of Marlboros, give them my name on a piece of paper, and have them vote for me after filling another ballot where no photos are required, since the Dems say it's racist and disenfranchising. Aw... make that one pack. Prices have gone way up.

Fifth, I'd find a parole officer to give me names of ex cons/addicts who work for ACORN. After locating a dozen of these guys, I'd register and vote a dozen times (at least) using names like Kaakaajeewhah Jones, Tootiefruitie James, and Fruck Wipperout.

I'd then drive to Chicago, stop at the nearest cemetery, and jot down a few hundred names (in the same ink, penmanship, and in alphabetical order). I'd hand those names personally to Mayor Daley, winking, making sure he saw my Obama pin.

After all these steps to assure my vote was counted legally, I'd go to my own voting place and cast my ballot.

Easy speasy.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
First, I'll cast an absentee ballot. But I'll make sure it's not labeled "military", so Gore's attys won't try to discount it for improper postage.

Second, I'll go to a state/county where Obama and the Dems have set up "same day registration/voting" which requires no check of residence. I'll vote three times there. Once, dressed in my normal clothes. Then I'd return in my Napoleon Dynamite costume, then the third time dressed in my black wig, 'stash, and my "vote for Pedro" tee.

Third, I'll cast a vote with the motor/voter registration at the DMV. Heck, my license was outdated anyway. Come to think about it, I might drive in NY and NJ, too, so I'd better get licenses for those states while I'm at it.

Fourth, I'd go to a homeless shelter and give the first demented elderly person I found a carton.. no...two packs of Marlboros, give them my name on a piece of paper, and have them vote for me after filling another ballot where no photos are required, since the Dems say it's racist and disenfranchising. Aw... make that one pack. Prices have gone way up.

Fifth, I'd find a parole officer to give me names of ex cons/addicts who work for ACORN. After locating a dozen of these guys, I'd register and vote a dozen times (at least) using names like Kaakaajeewhah Jones, Tootiefruitie James, and Fruck Wipperout.

I'd then drive to Chicago, stop at the nearest cemetery, and jot down a few hundred names (in the same ink, penmanship, and in alphabetical order). I'd hand those names personally to Mayor Daley, winking, making sure he saw my Obama pin.

After all these steps to assure my vote was counted legally, I'd go to my own voting place and cast my ballot.

Easy speasy.

*sigh*