XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I also has a sore mouf where the damn tootsie pop sucker ripped up my upper pallette. not sure if I'm spelling that kind of pallette right. I doubt it.

Also - as editing last night, I had a teared up moment. It was very soft and emotional.

somebody hold me...

:Hug2:

I have nothing to say really. I just don't want to be alone.

:Hug2:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Multi-Quoth the Raven:
:ROFL: this is the best one yet! How did I not think of this? :ROFL:

Also, I appear to be suffering from about nine wardrobe malfunctions this morning. Frack!
I hate when that happens.

Also good, speaking of movies with "district" in the title: D!strict B13. If you like poorly-plotted movies mostly revolving around dystopian Paris, parkour and that peculiarly French trope of a hot girl with smudged mascara becoming involuntarily addicted to drugs. *nods*
I've seen that movie. It's pretty good.

Also - as editing last night, I had a teared up moment. It was very soft and emotional.

somebody hold me...
*holds Bettie*

*holds TJ as well for good measure*

Evening folks. Tonight the temperature is going to drop down to -12. Friday it's going to snow again. Winter is finally here.

In February. :Wha:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
As he came into the window, it was the sound of

a crescendo

:e2dance:

Annie are you okay, are you okay, are you okay, Annie?

You've been hit by (!), you've been hit by (!)...a smooth criminal

Uhh...that's my Michael Jackson impersonation.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the Multiquote from Scene 24!

A couple that with decent plots and characterization:

F1ght Club (nice twists)
Seren1ty (no comment required)
Capta1n America (fer realz. Surprisingly good)
Oc3an's 11/12/13 (funny and entertaining)
Cas1no Royale (Daniel Craig FTW)
Battl3 for Los Angeles (Lots of alien vs. humans making each other go boom)
D1stric 9 (nice take on the whole "alien visitors" concept)
Al1en Nation (ditto)
Predat0rs (the one with Lawrence Fishburn. It was surprisingly not awful).
Br1dges of Mad1son County (AHAHAHA! Just kidding)
P1rates 4 (same review as Predat0rs.)
Up (fer realz)
Kn1ght and Day (also fer realz. Surprisingly funny and action packed)
MI:3 (waaaaaaay better than the first two. Plus, Phillip Seymour Hoffman should have earned an Oscar for his bad guy).

Uh, there are probably a ton more, but these should get the ball rolling.

I have actually seen some of those. Key word, some. Shocking though ;)

District 9 might work... off to IMDB

Tired fairy is tired....

I say we stick with apoxyclips: #1 cuz it's my word & #2 because this way, when people google/search, they will look for apocalypse and thus, not steal and/or know our strategy

Epic plan.

Also good, speaking of movies with "district" in the title: D!strict B13. If you like poorly-plotted movies mostly revolving around dystopian Paris, parkour and that peculiarly French trope of a hot girl with smudged mascara becoming involuntarily addicted to drugs. *nods*

o_O

...it's prolly best if I'm the hottest thing in the room, since this Guy Sitch could go either way ;)

Ugh, I'm ready for my mouf to be healed.

somebody hold me...

I have nothing to say really. I just don't want to be alone.

:e2grouphu :e2grouphu :e2grouphu

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

a crescendo

:Clap:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

a crescendo

yes, you sound just like him!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Awesome impression.

Thanks for all the hugs. I'm having one of those days where I contemplate the validity of my sanity doing this over and over again. I haz a full BS job crap chamber. It needs to be emptied, and soon.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
As the Cantina Turns - Musical Intersmibble

If this makes you smile, please consider giving a donation to Kids Need To Read - Thank you

If you're going to sing and dance then, clearly we need a

Musical Intersmibble

The cantinerites stood, sat and affected various poses in the ruins of the cantina. Rubble and dead smibbles were strewn everywhere. By the bar, a smibble with a bent antenna, missing various bits of fur, and wearing the remnants of a waiter's uniform was gently rocking back and forth, crying over a dead friend who was still holding a badly dented tea-pot in one paw. The group of battered writers looked around checking wounds, counting people, and assessing the damage. Finally the silence was broken by TJ,

"So, what happened?" Hillz looked from TJ to the others and quietly asked,

"Did we - did we win?" There were looks of surprise and shock, then dawning comprehension.

"We won! We won! We won!" Kricket and 10 jumped up and down shouting, there was general laughter and excitement as reality sank in. The z-words were gone, they had solved the Crystal maze and everything was alright with the world.

“But how?” asked Bettie.

“I think we must have fallen through a plot-hole back into the Cantina,” said Bos.

"Now what?" asked Cobra.

"Party!" Fen and Bettie shouted in unison and Tiff immediately ran behind the remains of the bar to find the magical refillable drinks glasses.

"Let's dance," said Psycho, punching numbers into the jukebox.

"Hold it," said Bos, switching off the jukebox, "you can't dance in this." He waved an arm at the cantina ruins, "you could twist an ankle or something, it's just not safe."

"Don't you something me," said Bettie, hands on her hips, "what do you mean it's not safe?"

"To dance," said Bos, "it's not safe to dance."

"He's right," said Junely, coming across to them, "there's rubble and rubbish everywhere." Zanzjan and Sian muttered agreement. Bettie shook her head and walked over to the jukebox, switching it on again and punching in numbers. Psycho began kicking bits of rubble out of the way and then just as the first tune started Bettie turned to Bos, pointing a finger and said,

"We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind because your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine." Psycho and Fen had now cleared a spot on the floor and and were happily dancing around their handbags.

"Do you have to dance here though? asked Zanzjan, a broom in his hand, "we are trying to clean up you know."

"We can go where we want to," replied Psycho.

"Yeah, a place you'll never find," said Fen.

"And we can act like we come from out of this world," said Bettie.

"Yeah, leave the real one far behind," said Fen.

"And we can dance," put in Psycho, then she grabbed Fen and Bettie by the hands and ran off towards the duelling area.

Zanzjan shook her head and turned to see Sian standing behind her leaning on Hillz's shovel.

"I thought I'd help," she said.

"Thanks", said Zanzjan sweeping up the nearest pieces, "There's plenty of time for dancing, after all, the night is young and so am I." She shook a neatly pressed hanky from her pocket and wiped dust from her face.

"How do you do that?" asked Sian.

"Do what?"

"You're dressed real neat, from your hat to your feet. You look like you haven't even been fighting." Zanzjan went slightly red, and said,

"Not fighting? Me? Didn't you see me?"
"No, I don't believe I did." Sian turned and deposited a shovel full of rubble into the dungeon grill.

"We won!" Zanzjan suddenly yelled. Sian jumped and then glared,

"Do you have to surprise me with your victory cry."

"Sorry," Zanzjan looked down at the floor "I couldn't help it. We won! I'm going to dance, are you coming?" They ran off to join the others.

"Hey come back, there's cleaning to be done," cried Bos looking over at the dancers who were clearly having a much better time than Bos was, particularly TJ and Hillz who were taking on Cobra and 10 in a dancing competition. He looked over at Junely, who stood with her arms folded across her stomach, right hand poised to grab her holstered hand brush at a moments notice.

"What are you waiting for, get sweeping." said Bos. "If we don't nobody will."

"Do you know you can act real rude and totally removed", she said, waving the brush in Bos' face.

"I know", said Bos, with a sigh, "I can act like an imbecile."

"Why don't you like dancing?" she asked.

"I can't do it," said Bos, "I'm useless. I do that one, two, cardboard box move, and that's it." Junely gave Bos a sympathetic smile and then put her sweeping brush down and offered her hand,

"Come on", she said, "I'll show you a few steps, we can dance."

A few minutes later Junely and Bos were getting nowhere fast because Bos really was bad at dancing, when they heard shouts from the duelling floor. The crowd of dancers was being thrown around in all directions, hands and legs flailing everywhere.

"What's happening?" asked Junely, "they're out of control."

"Sympathetic harmonic resonance," replied Amergina who had been silent for the entire story so far and who was standing next to Sara who smiled knowingly because she wasn't being used in this paragraph, Bos and Junely looked at her with puzzled expressions, then they used their eyes as well.

"It's a sprung floor," she said, "they've got their own bouncy castle."

"They're going from wall to wall." said Bos, all of them swayed in rhythm with the dancers who had formed an emergency conga line across the floor. Amergina removed her coat, a long leather duster that she had been polishing Sara's sparkles with, to reveal a t-shirt with the words 'I am in charge' printed across the back.

"They're going to need help," she said, looking at Junely and Bos.

"Us?" they asked.

"Yep," said Amergina, "You." Bos gulped,

"I'm not sure about this."

"Gosh, look at your hands," said Junely.

"Darn, I chipped my polish." said Bos.

"Concentrate people," said Amergina in a stern voice, "those dancers need you up there now."

"I can't dance," replied Bos.

"Take a chance," said Amergina.

"What do you want us to do? asked Junely.

"To get them out of there safely they have to disrupt the harmonic resonance and there's only one way to do that."

"Which is?" asked Bos.

"You need to break the dance," said Amergina, "you need to be as arhythmic as possible." Bos looked her in the eye,

"Not a problem." he declared and swept Junely onto the duelling floor where he promptly tripped over her feet and went sprawling into the line of dancers, flipping over onto his back, Bos kicked his legs into the air and then spun again so that he stood on his head.

"Now that's break-dancing," said Sara in admiration.

Within moments the swaying had ceased and dancers slowly made their way off the floor groaning with nausea and looking for rubble free areas to sit down.

"Maybe we should have cleared up first," said Hillz.

"I only wanted to celebrate," said Cobra. Tiff walked over carrying two trays of magical refillable glasses.

"Anyone need Bicarb?" she asked. Several hands waved, and Ali asked,

"Got any tea flavoured Tiff?" Tiff shook her head and passed around glasses, then looked at Amergina,

"So how do we clear up then?" she asked. Amergina grabbed hold of Hillz shovel and pulled off the handle.

"Hey!" cried Hillz, "my shovel. What do you think you're doing?" Amergina poured her will, and several glasses of Bicarb, into the wooden handle which began to steam. Then with an effort she pointed the handle at the nearest piece of rubble and shouted,
"Repairo!".

Nothing happened.

Amergina looked puzzled, "I thought you said this thing was magic," she said, looking at Hillz.

"No. I said it 'worked' like magic," said Hillz.

"Throw some fairie dust on it," said Etola, clenching a fist in delight because she'd managed to get a line in before the end of the story.

"I'm fresh out," said Bettie, shrugging her shoulders. SaraSparkles stepped forward,

"I think this is where I come in", she said, shook her head, sparkles rained across the Cantina. The rubble started slotting back into place and the floor began to clear. After a few minutes, stone columns and steps had reformed, the Smibbles had cleared their dead comrades away and the group of writers began to feel better. Sian looked over to the jukebox again and then up at Bos who was now filling in the paperwork for the insurance claim.

"So is it safe to dance?" asked Sian. Bos nodded,

"Yes, it's safe to dance."

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
...it's prolly best if I'm the hottest thing in the room, since this Guy Sitch could go either way ;)

Holy carp, look at you with your strategery!

:D

It's very good.

yes, you sound just like him!

*curtsies*

Thanks for all the hugs. I'm having one of those days where I contemplate the validity of my sanity doing this over and over again. I haz a full BS job crap chamber. It needs to be emptied, and soon.

You're not insane for going to work. The job is part of the sacrifice you make to provide for your family, and there's nothing crazy about that. It is, in fact, noble and necessary. However, if the job is actually making you insane, then the sacrifice may be too great, in which case alternatives and/or changes must be investigated.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score

Musical Intersmibble

"Throw some fairie dust on it," said Etola, clenching a fist in delight because she'd managed to get a line in before the end of the story.

Like this? :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Musical Intersmibble

“I think we must have fallen through a plot-hole back into the Cantina,” said Bos.

"Now what?" asked Cobra.

"Party!" Fen and Bettie shouted in unison and Tiff immediately ran behind the remains of the bar to find the magical refillable drinks glasses.

:ROFL:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Musical Intersmibble

"We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind because your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine." Psycho and Fen had now cleared a spot on the floor and and were happily dancing around their handbags.

Suh-weet!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: this is the best one yet! How did I not think of this? :ROFL:

Wow, thanks! I'm surprised you hadn't, actually. I thought, if anything, I'd get a groan because it was old and overused. I'm hardly ever first! Hehe :)

Also:
Evening folks. Tonight the temperature is going to drop down to -12. Friday it's going to snow again. Winter is finally here.

In February. :Wha:

Boooooooooo! :(

*feels very held*

*joins in the second round of group hugs belatedly*

Bos nodded,

"Yes, it's safe to dance."

THANK GOODNESS! :hooray:

WD, Ali - I loved that. :)

As a side note: anyone know how to say, "Baked beans are not a kitteh food!" in felinese? My cats are just not getting it....

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I've got to be honest, for the past three days I've been thinking that the AtCT would get me banned. there were times when I had to use a crowbar to get the lyrics to fit the story, but I'm glad it worked out. (Also, I had one character in as the wrong sex, glad I checked)

I'd promise to go and write something 'normal' now but I couldn't guarantee you it would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.