How'd You Find This Site?

BillTrain

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a writers' forum...so I found it with good old Google. That tends to be how I find almost everything. :)
BT

VINCENT BARRINGTON

Vinshar
Registered
Reaction score
I found my way here from Making Light--where I'm a long-time lurker, but infrequent poster.

can you help me? I want to know how to write a profile or whaere would be better
icon9.gif

gitcheygoo

Registered
Reaction score
I was nearly 'caught' by the childrenswriting agency or whatever it was called. Started doing research on them as they smelled terribly fishy, and found this forum. Very happy i did.

JustDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
deesjournal.wordpress.com
I was a Jenna fan from some years ago (purchased one of her books on writing) - so when I became re-interested in poking at the notion of writing (again), I still had a set of older links in my 'favorites' folder that led me back. It looks like a great site!

Aquarius

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for novel writing software and happened to come across Spacejock Software and yWriter. I followed the links from the site (I believe that the creater of it is a member here) and now here, I am. :)

Nitemare

He Got Ran Off.
Registered
Reaction score
Absolute Write has been popping up on almost every Agency/Agent search that I have made on Google. A very handy resource with knowledgeable, experienced members.

jy'lenn

Chaos is a friend of mine.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jfposthumus.blogspot.com
the usual; searching for agents info, found thread here... been snooping around then decided to join. (much to some's dismay now, I'm sure... **said in humor**)

T.K. Toppin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Found this site in my search for agents/publishers - various sites link to this one or suggest looking at this site for additional info. Also link on P&E's website. I've been lurking around here for some time, reading through some very helpful information on my quest to get published...thanks for that. I finally decided to join.

WriteOn85

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedoublevie24.wordpress.com
Site for Sore Eyes

I found this site when I was looking for writing agency scams to avoid. After what seemed like days pouring through the stuff, I thought to myself, "Hey, these guys have their heads on straight. Maybe they can help me find a legitimate agent and get my writing out there."

And here I am. I actually signed up yesterday. I have some work posted on the poetry section, so if anyone wants to see it, they're more than welcome.

Manzanita

Registered
Reaction score
Came accross a writing blog and this blogger suggested that this is a really good site for writer. Yipee

linton

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling something and they showed someone on this site discussing that something.

diGriz

Back in the Saddle Again...
Registered
Reaction score
Long story short, I was developing a short list of independent editors and found the link via an editor's website. ;)

sevenst

Registered
Reaction score
I know this site by accident , just search something at internet .but i love this site ,very pleasent to become one of the members
random.gif

Vulpine

Not published -- yet.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
saudu.net
Searched for a review on a potential publisher and found a very detailed discussion about it here.

kikilynn

You can find me on occasion.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.goodreader.wordpress.com
I was researching agents to query and when i googled, they were in the bewares and background forum....Greatly appreciated by the way.

ColleenNyman

I just like looking at him
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcnymanfarms.com
I just found the site recently because the author of a Natural Life magazine article about freelance writing while homeschooling mentioned it as a great resource.

I didn't write down her name or I'd seek her out and thank her!

ATV0121

Registered
Reaction score
Funny answer - while working on a story, I typed "What's the scientific term for boogar?" into Google and the top result was a thread of the same question on the site.

Hollywood John

Your new best friend!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.channelshirt.com
Hi there!

How did I find the place? Well, I've been working WAY too much on various creative projects, camping in front of my computer for seemingly endless stretches, and getting far less sleep than I previously thought possible. Being quite talented in the twin arts of distraction and procrastination, however, I've been managing to sneak small brain-breaks into my otherwise jam-packed routine, and I stumbled across (not upon) this site during the most recent.

I won't bore you with the details (I'll save those for my "Hi, I'm a n00b" thread), but the skinny of it is I was checking out Big Boards at the request of a friend who's all excited about both his new workout routine and his discovery of a workout BB, and thought I would be too (I wasn't). Instead, in a desperate attempt to not get back to work for a few more minutes, I started surfing the various boards on Big Boards, and voila! Here I am.

I must say that I was quite excited to find y'all here. I've looked around for cool writer groups in the past, and the few I've found (and, in a few cases, joined) have either been a bit anemic or chock full o' kid-hacks. Finding a robust group (with a Most Recent Post that's actually from this year!) is a happy surprise. I look forward to hanging out and tossing my 2 cents in wherever it'll fit.

L8r!

Last edited: