A Life of Crime and Chocolate

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Thanks guys. :) My daughter went for support, then he filed for joint custody it was postponed cause he didn't have a lawyer. The next date he comes as far as the parking lot and never came in so they threw that out. Child support one is on the 9th. (Court wanted DNA done first.) That's where we are. But so far so good. He's come to everything without a lawyer. Don't think they'll let him slide again. He had every opportunity to get one through legal aid for free. Stupidness.

Other than that, still trying to get my edits done on the book in my siggy. Free time is tight in the summer. :( Really want to get it done and get back to the fun of fiction.

Last edited:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya! :hi:

Weekend again. I finished my second rewrite of my WIP last week, so now I'm taking a break. Which is good :D My goal is to finish it before the summer is over, so I have some time. Lovely feeling, that. Nice to let my brain get blank again before getting back to it.

Hope Deadbeat gets his act together, HistoryS.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Hey Cass! **waves**

Thanks for the moral support guys!

So on a happy note, thought I'd share some pics of my recycle bin garden. I posted it in the gardening thread so you can look here. Plants are even bigger than that now. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Was going to settle in to do another chapter and start jotting down the idea I had for the next project (kind of two time period mystery thing), but got another phonecall from dad saying the creepy landlord guy is at it again. This time he'd phoned environmental health and they'd got on to the building administrators, who called dad to say EH were trying to break in (again). Called the administrators and told them the guy is borderline harassing me in order to buy the flat cheap, and they gave me the number of the guy at EH, who as it turned out was really helpful and said all they were doing was checking boxes on their computer because creepy landlord had called them. He'd got pest control in finally, but called them to say he still thought they were coming from my flat and was worried they'd come back, to which he was told there wasn't anything EH would do as it's not them who deal with it. However, they wanted to call just to make sure I had actually been over to clear the flat, and that there was access if ever there was an emergency. Which got translated as 'they're coming to kick the door in'.

Did finally find out what the things are called, and apparently they're dermestes beetles, which are 'not a danger to public health in any way' according to Glasgow City Council's website, and the guy told me that he had no intention of kicking anyone's door in for 'a couple of beetles'. So hopefully that's the end of it.

I think I need a walk in the sun to calm down though as I have now started imagining the neighbours complaining that they hear A Hard Day's Night at all hours coming from my flat, and eventually I'll have to do something about the Beatles in my flat.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I have to make sure to finish reading that book today. :D I am determined.

I am doing the same thing today with 'Lost' by Gregory Maguire. There is a good idea in there somewhere. Just think it is literally 'lost' in all the weird prose and strange, stilted dialogue. But the book has given me an idea for the next project, so I owe it that, I suppose. But I will finish it today!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I think I need a walk in the sun to calm down though as I have now started imagining the neighbours complaining that they hear A Hard Day's Night at all hours coming from my flat, and eventually I'll have to do something about the Beatles in my flat.

:ROFL:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka:

Fact 1: Insects have more protein per pound than do animals.

Fact 2: Most cultures throughout the world still eat insects. It's just Europe and the U.S. that tend to be squeamish about such things.

Conclusion: :Shrug: I'm just sayin', free food...

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Zelenka, I hope everything gets sorted out soon. :( And I hope you finish your book too. :D

Well, I finished my book but I still have a few more I need to read. I can get it done though. I hope I can anyway.

I've also been debating whether or not I wanted to do a(or some) free web-serial novels/stories. But I wouldn't even know where to start. (Like whether I wanted to use a site, like FictionPress or something similar, or my own blog or website, and a bunch of other stuff). :Shrug:

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
A grim morning. Met up with an ex-colleague. We have a mutual ex-colleague in common. Seven years ago he was arrested and sent to prison for six years. Every now and then we meet up to talk about 'old times' but we always end up talking about the mutual ex-colleague and the way his crime changed us. At least the coffee and lemon meringue pie were good.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka:

Fact 1: Insects have more protein per pound than do animals.

Fact 2: Most cultures throughout the world still eat insects. It's just Europe and the U.S. that tend to be squeamish about such things.

Conclusion: :Shrug: I'm just sayin', free food...

I ate a wasp dipped in chocolate once. Like, on purpose, not just because one landed in the chocolate fountain...

Maybe I'll email crazy landlord guy some recipes for beetles... :evil

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going on my hols, so I be seeing you lot a week tomorrow, and have fun writing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
A grim morning. Met up with an ex-colleague. We have a mutual ex-colleague in common. Seven years ago he was arrested and sent to prison for six years. Every now and then we meet up to talk about 'old times' but we always end up talking about the mutual ex-colleague and the way his crime changed us. At least the coffee and lemon meringue pie were good.

Ouch. (((hugs)))

Tomorrow I am going on my hols, so I be seeing you lot a week tomorrow, and have fun writing.

Have fun!

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks HJ and Wonderactivist. I am feeling a lot better than I did earlier.

Mr Mitchell have a good holiday. Hope you are going somewhere nice and inspiring.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Allo! Yesterday was a bloody silly day. My router died and all sorts of silliness happened because of that. I am now at my brother's house and using sis-in-laws machinery. Will try to stay in touch over the next few days.