Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Feel free to lock or move at will.

Story was a YA, which was turned into an anime of Australian origin. It has a boy in a stereotypical quest to find out about his parents since he was double orphaned and support a girl in finding these items. I believe the girl was magical and they end up with each other. I can't remember the title. It think it's about 5 years old or more? It also got an award? But I didn't remember which one.

Also I remember an Afraid of the Dark episode in which a girl is adopted and finds out she is related to Aliens. What was the episode #? (I couldn't find it)

And lastly I have three tropes, but no matching trope pages that I know exist because I've read them. I know they show up in speculative fiction.

Where the story is preaching about say, gay marriage abortion, politics etc and uses adoption as a way to argue it. I've read this--but it's been quite a while since I've seen it because preaching in general was put down. (I did find one--but it's self-published)

Where the parents adopt an alien because they can't have their own children. (Was Superman like this? I can't remember if it ever said if Martha couldn't have children) Spider-man?

The last is where the orphan comes from a foreign country that is cruel to the character and then goes to rescue another one and stays. I think The Horse and His Boy was like that, but I'm separated from the book by a few thousand miles.

If you can remember or confirm the trope, thank you in advance.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Where the story is preaching about say, gay marriage abortion, politics etc and uses adoption as a way to argue it. I've read this--but it's been quite a while since I've seen it because preaching in general was put down. (I did find one--but it's self-published)

Nothing springs to mind.

Where the parents adopt an alien because they can't have their own children. (Was Superman like this? I can't remember if it ever said if Martha couldn't have children) Spider-man?
There's an episode of the recent Doctor Who with this, but it's also a spoiler, so I've put the episode name in white for highlighting: Series 6: Night Terrors

Spiderman is human, so no. Superman is possible.

The last is where the orphan comes from a foreign country that is cruel to the character and then goes to rescue another one and stays. I think The Horse and His Boy was like that, but I'm separated from the book by a few thousand miles.
I was confused about what you mean here, so I don't know if it fits the trope you're looking for or not. In The Horse and His Boy, he is raised in a different country to the one of his birth. He ends up returning to his country of birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.