Last Movie You Watched...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Lord of Illusions. Not quite what I expected (the NetFlix blurbs LIE) but still pretty damn cool. I heart Clive Barker.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Watched Les Noms Des Gens (The Names of Love) last night. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant movie, definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch. My only complaint is that 4 years of high school French were not even close to enough for me to watch it without the subtitles.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Cabin in the Woods - Good, solid A+ in my book. I'm pretty confident that I'll be pulling this one out of the DVD stack every few months for the next couple of decades.

ETA: If you think you might see this, I strongly recommend that you skip the trailers. I've also heard some of the reviews are spoiler-y.

Last edited:

Bookdragonette

Differently Actual
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookish-dragon.dreamwidth.org
The Fantastic Four. Stupid movie, but I had a lot of fun bitching to the telly and being snarky. I did wonder how Johnny Storm had managed to get to his age and not been killed by a. his being a daredevil, or b. his being a wiseass, especially towards Ben Grimm.

Lady Goddess

*insert something epic here*
Registered
Reaction score
Bender's Big Score. I've seen it once before and I totally loved it. But I picked up a lot of new stuff this time around. And I still love it.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Cabin in the Woods - Good, solid A+ in my book. I'm pretty confident that I'll be pulling this one out of the DVD stack every few months for the next couple of decades.

ETA: If you think you might see this, I strongly recommend that you skip the trailers. I've also heard some of the reviews are spoiler-y.
Can't wait to see that--I've been trying to find someone to go out to the theater with me. I love my horror, but I'd rather not go to the theater alone if I can help it.

TomGrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Went and saw The Artist. Superb movie. Definitely deserving of the Oscar win. I also watched Hugo not long before that... there sure were a lot of films celebrating the history of film in this year's academy awards (and a lot of them were somehow French).

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Went to see Lockout today. About what I expected. Nothing I haven't seen before, but worth a look if you're into movies of the shoot-em-up blow-em-up variety.

Lady Goddess

*insert something epic here*
Registered
Reaction score
Went to see Lockout today. About what I expected. Nothing I haven't seen before, but worth a look if you're into movies of the shoot-em-up blow-em-up variety.

I plan on seeing that. I loooooove action movies!

That being said, I'm going to go watch Chronicles of Riddick. :D

_Jinx_

Registered
Reaction score
The Thing

the_thing_prequel_trailer.jpg

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Norwegian film, Troll. I'm still trying to decide if I liked it or not.

Watched 1972's Horror Express with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing last night, while I was writing an article. Fun :)

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The Darkest Hour - American kids get stranded in Moscow during an alien invasion. This was 1.5 hours of inept delivery of a bad script, photographed poorly. I'm about 90% convinced that all the main players were children of people who financed the movie. Unless mommy/daddy are also willing to pay you by the hour to watch it I'd say give this one a miss.

BryanSerwatka

Registered
Reaction score
The Kid With a Bike, a recent Belgian film about foster care. It presents a situation and raises a few questions but is vague enough to allow the viewer to make their own mind up about abuse, youth crime and the patterns of social care. It was good but I feel it was more of a conversation piece than an actual work, much like a large coffee table book full of provocative images without any text.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Watched Nightwatch (Russian film) yesterday. Very oddly filmed but very well acted. Old idea of good vs. evil (on one level) explored in an unusual way. Well worth seeing.

Also pulled out The Incredible Shrinking Man. Excellent 50's S/F and still great. Yeah, the special effects are sort of lame by today's standards but the script, simple and straightforward, is still better than the crap being churned out these days.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Earlier today I saw Cabin in the Woods. Which I love, I second the recommendation to go in totally unspoiled, which I did. Avoid almost everything about it I say.

But the last last movie I saw today was the very first Rocky, which I've never seen and...I really liked it! :)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2010. It's been a long time since last I saw this. It held up very well. "ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS"

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A Woman of Paris (1923), directed by Charles Chaplin. An early effort by Chaplin to break away from his Little Tramp with something serious, but the movie flopped, and Charlie went back to the Tramp. The film stars Edna Purviance, who had been Chaplin's lover a few years earlier. She is good, but the film is stolen by Adolphe Menjou as a devil-may-care ladies' man.

Chaplin didn't return to a purely dramatic subject until 1952, with Limelight.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Hard Candy with Ellen Page.

It was...disturbing. Mr. Hip was visibly cringing for most of it. Once you watch it, you'll understand why.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Re-watched the first of the Sherlock reboot movies from the BBC. So. Incredibly. Good. The new series hits our local PBS station May 6. I've marked it on our calendar. Yeah, they're that good.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
the docudrama? trollhunter? loved it

also just saw extremely loud and incredibly close...strong

Troll Hunter, you're right. I like docudramas, shaky cameras and all that --but I just wasn't incredibly excited about this one.