• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Vezeo Ventures (Timothy White)

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Anyone tried writing for Vezeo? They suggest you write an article for them as an "audition." If they like it, they'll use it but not pay you for it, and give you the opportunity to write more at their freelance rate, which I didn't find on the website. Have any experience with these folks?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
One of the primary goals of Vezeo is to give aspiring writers a place to start. Your work will be read by thousands of people, including key players in the publishing industry. Developing a byline is a very important part of the process and we want to reward you with one. Those who are accepted as contributing writers for Vezeo will receive extensive information about how to maximize this exceptional opportunity. You will not be paid for your initial interview article.

If you are accepted as a regular contributing writer for Vezeo, you will be paid our freelance rate for your work.If your interview article meets our quality standards, it will be published on Vezeo and you will be contacted with further details.
What a lovely way to get free content--persuade hungry writers to write an "audition" article, use the article, and never contact the writers again.

If it's worth paying for later, it's worth paying for now.

- Victoria

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
No, why should they? There are loads of people who will give it to them for free.

The letter you'll get will be something like, while we enjoyed your work, it is not the style/type/genre/quailty we are looking for. Thank you for considering us and good luck in your quest...

The only good thing is that they don't make you pay to have them read it.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
If you are accepted as a regular contributing writer for Vezeo, you will be paid our freelance rate for your work.

And that amount is ...? I wouldn't submit without negotiating a rate in advance.

Wow. About half the photos I see on the main page are out of focus. That does not bode well, IMO.