The Bouncy Castle in Space

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Joy and fearsome dragon mod :) I'm still getting over the happy shock of having the series sold, and just trying to make the books the best I can.

jlstov

Registered
Reaction score
I think I have some bounce worthy news. My series was announced today in the PW Children's bookshelf newsletter! Yay!

Here's a link

My series is The Last Dragon Charmer and book 1 is The Villain Keeper. It will be published by HarpersChildrens.

Awesome! I don't have cool gifs, so just imagine me doing backflips!

... okay I'm dizzy now. :)

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have some bounce worthy news. My series was announced today in the PW Children's bookshelf newsletter! Yay!

Here's a link

My series is The Last Dragon Charmer and book 1 is The Villain Keeper. It will be published by HarpersChildrens.

Holy WOW! Congratulations! :partyguy:

ETA: Also, I love The Dragon Charmer as a series name.

Last edited:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween! I'm not doing anything this year, which is kind of a bummer. My school forbid any Halloween costumes or decorations (and we are already a no candy school) so that was lame. The kids tried to complain to me and I was like I AM NOT THE HALLOWEEN POLICE I DONT WANNA HEAR IT. I wore my tshirt of Snoopy dressed as a mummy which is only mildly festive. My partner has school tonight and I didn't want to go out without her so blah. At least I have candy corn. Anybody got cool costumes?

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
No costumes or candy! That's too bad. Snoopy in a mummy costume is very festive, though, I think.

I saw a scary clown running around our campus and we have a preschool so the little kids trick or treated by the offices. For my part, I gave my students candy then a test. I figured that counted as a treat and a trick. Sadly, no costume for me this year. I do have a spider headband, but it got caught in my hair, so I had to take it out.

Happy Halloween :evil

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
No costumes or candy! That's too bad. Snoopy in a mummy costume is very festive, though, I think.

I saw a scary clown running around our campus and we have a preschool so the little kids trick or treated by the offices. For my part, I gave my students candy then a test. I figured that counted as a treat and a trick. Sadly, no costume for me this year. I do have a spider headband, but it got caught in my hair, so I had to take it out.

Happy Halloween :evil

Sorry I'm so late with the congratulations, but that is HUGE news about the book deal!!!!

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been around in awhile, but hello everyone!

Supergirl: Congratulations on the book deal!

Kitty Pryde: No costumes or candy? How sad!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I haven't bounced in the longest time. I've been deep in YA land working on a paranormal romance.

I've released book two of my Zack and Zoey series. Good reviews, poor sales--same old story.

Glad to see so many familiar faces still around as well as a few new ones. Supergirlofnc, that's crazy good news, a three book deal, WOW!

After the holidays, I'm planning on turning all my attention to Super Zombie Juice 2, so I should be around more them.

'till then, Keep Bouncing!!!!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Supergirlofnc!

On a side-note, I was wondering is possibly up for a beta read? I could do either a beta swap or give an Amazon gift card of $10. I don't really need it for grammar (if you some mistakes you are of course welcome to point them out), I really just need someone's thoughts on the flow/story. If anyone is interested just shoot me a private message. Thanks!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Happy holidays! Merry vacations! I was hoping to revive this thread for the new year!

Anybody have any big plans this year for their kidlit reading/writing/plotting/promoting this year? Care to share?

Teaching a big crazy bunch of kids this year has given me lots of inspiration to finish my current project. That's the plan anyway!

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kitty! Hope you're super productive in 2014 and able to finish your current project!

My ms in the hands of an agent right now and I hope I get some sort of reply in January. ANY REPLY! Hell, she can reject me if she likes! In 2014 I plan to query my little heart out. My New Year's resolution is to get an agent, dammit.

I just finished the first chapter of the second book that's been subbed. Totally unexpected, but it was fun. Finished it in two days! I have two other projects that are a quarter of the way in which I hope to finish next year too. At least the first draft, anyway.

Here's an an especially bouncy bounce for all of you.:e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2bouncey:

Good luck to everyone on their projects!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Hi everyone! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Go Kitty and Daniela!!

I finished a first draft of a new WIP a couple weeks ago, and am now at work on some revisions! I never make writing goals that I can't control, so for now I just plan to finish and query this WIP, and probably complete a draft of another something in the rest of the year.

And on the reading side, a thing was going around on FB a couple weeks ago where people were listing the 10 books that most impacted their life. I didn't post, but it made me think about them. I think I plan to re-read my list in the next year.

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
Happy holidays and great cheer to everyone! Joy - you've got me thinking now about the ten books that impacted me most. It's not an easy list to make! For 2014, my plans include making a web page/blog. I like playing with layout and all that, but my goals are to find a way to make it interesting!

Daniela - I hope you hear good news soon :)

Thanks playgroundking! If you're still looking for a beta - and haven't seen it - there's a thread here which might help. Good luck!

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I have a small, exhausted bounce because we're finally in the new house... and surrounded by boxes. Where are the paper towels? Why didn't we put the can opener in a specially marked box? Why can I easily find nine Sharpies but no shampoo?

Hope everyone is having a lovely 2014.