The Bouncy Castle in Space

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went trick-or-treating, for the first time since I was 14. Surprisingly I got a huge haul this year!

Me vvv

75127_716271249513_218368_39013698_408030_n.jpg

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a long few weeks at work. Not a lot of writing done. Well, none. I'm bad. And very tired. Needed some bouncing on some sort of inflatable castle. And as luck would have it, I knew the place to come. :D

Oh, happy Halloween :scared:

Happy to have you back in the Bouncy Castle, Jed! :D

I went trick-or-treating, for the first time since I was 14. Surprisingly I got a huge haul this year!

Me vvv

75127_716271249513_218368_39013698_408030_n.jpg

I like your face mask! Can I borrow it? :D

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I'm in desperate need of some brownies. Mashed my truck into the garage today (not bad, but it was new). I've been queering for 3 weeks or so, and I haven't gotten a reply (except form replies, like I'm on maternity leave or not taking queries now). Not even a R.

Even the agents know for super fast turn-around haven't replied. Oh, well, I guess no news is good news.

Kitty, I love your costume, but because of the side view, I can't figure out what you went as?

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I made the wings myself with wire, glitter felt, and hot glue. Enjoy the attractive farmer tan from extremely long bike ride!

33551_716270481053_218368_39013675_4562835_n.jpg

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Okay, but I still don't know what you were? A fallen angel?

BTW: I do love the wings!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure; probably somebody who's been reading/writing too much urban fantasy lately! :D My partner proclaimed me to be a "misfit angel"...

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
mware, bummer about the truck! truly not fun.

me, i just finished an 11-hour day. left home before the sun came up, came back as it disappeared behind the mountains.

so i'm just gonna lie here quietly and let everyone else do the bouncing, 'kay?

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
mware, bummer about the truck! truly not fun.

me, i just finished an 11-hour day. left home before the sun came up, came back as it disappeared behind the mountains.

so i'm just gonna lie here quietly and let everyone else do the bouncing, 'kay?

I know the feeling. I'll let you rest today. But in a week or two I won't even be around until after Christmas.

Though I might be able to check in on the nights that I sleep at the office =-(

Incidently (not sure if that's a real word), I had no idea teachers worked so hard, until I joined this board (lawyers yes, my dad was one).

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll join in the browning-scarfing-to-ease-all-pain group. :) This week has been ridiculous. Yesterday, I left for work at 6:30 in the morning and didn't get home until nearly 10pm. When I woke up this morning, I wondered if Friday was just a mirage.

And apparently, in the business of this month, I neglected to pay my cable/internet bill. So, it's been diconnected. I had better call the electric and water companies at some point today to make sure those won't be cut off, too. :D On the upside, I should get a lot of writing done this weekend, since I won't have the distraction of TV or the internet. :rolleyes:

I hate when I do things like that. Sadly, this isn't the first time something has been disconnected because I've gotten too busy or distracted to pay attention to the stack of mail gathering on my kitchen table...

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
That's bad news about the TV and internet, Smish.

I was disconnected from the phone and internet for four days recently whilst a network problem was being sorted. The longest four days of my life!

We don't have a TV so I could live without that but I did miss the internet.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Be careful what you ask for; I got my first "R" today. I'm pretty happy about it though. I had this lingering (and quite unreasonable) fear I was doing something so wrong the agents were all just laughing as they put my query in their recycle bins =-)

And on the working too much front. Is it just me, or does it seem like just about everyone is in the same boat? Must be a sign of the times?

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We don't have a TV so I could live without that but I did miss the internet.

I was never a big TV watcher and hadn't had cable television in years. But when I moved to my current town a little less than a year ago, I discovered that the best internet provider was the cable company. So, I got basic cable along with my internet service. And now... I watch much more TV than I used to...

But yes, I can live without cable fairly easily. It's the internet access that's a necessity. :rolleyes:

Be careful what you ask for; I got my first "R" today. I'm pretty happy about it though. I had this lingering (and quite unreasonable) fear I was doing something so wrong the agents were all just laughing as they put my query in their recycle bins =-)

And on the working too much front. Is it just me, or does it seem like just about everyone is in the same boat? Must be a sign of the times?

Sorry about the R, Mike, but glad you're taking it well. :D

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
No wonder I never heard back from Nathan Bransford. He's quitting the agent game!

Wow.

Also, now I just got my second R--not so much fun anymore! After submitting to magazine for a while, I know how this works, so I'm not worried (yet).

Last edited:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No wonder I never heard back from Nathan Bransford. He's quitting the agent game!

Wow.

Also, now I just got my second R--not so much fun anymore! After submitting to magazine for a while, I know how this works, so I'm not worried (yet).

I'm not at all surprised. He's seemed to be moving away from agenting for a while. With his own writing projects, and his blog becoming more and more hands off (with the You Tell Me entries, etc.), it's seemed he had other things on his mind.

In the olden days (ha!), I used to read his blog religiously. I've learned lots from him, and certainly wish him the best.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
sorry everyone's having such difficulties right now. I've been in the same boat recently, but it's too private to even talk about. But things are getting better.

mware - hope your fortune changes really soon.

kitty - you're very creative with your "hot gluing things to other things". Enjoyed the pics.

Smish - yeah - that happens. Still isn't fun when it does, however.

Judy - how do you even find the brain cells to write? Eleven hour days are difficult for anyone, but you need an award for it considering your profession.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
sorry everyone's having such difficulties right now. I've been in the same boat recently, but it's too private to even talk about. But things are getting better.

mware - hope your fortune changes really soon.

kitty - you're very creative with your "hot gluing things to other things". Enjoyed the pics.

Smish - yeah - that happens. Still isn't fun when it does, however.

Judy - how do you even find the brain cells to write? Eleven hour days are difficult for anyone, but you need an award for it considering your profession.

I've decided I'm not going to let the R's bug me until I get to at least 10 =-) So, no need to worry about me. In fact, the Christmas sales for my business have already started coming in. That's really important, because that will how I'll live for the first three months of the year (my slowest season).

But, I appreciated all the thoughts and I'll feel bummed out for for everyone else.

Update: I just got a form request for a full, hooray!

I also got a form e-mail from Nathan about his change of career.

Last edited:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
2 Rs + 1 Full = Not bad at all. Here's to more of the same!!!

sissybaby, I'm not sure I do have brain cells left. Not many, anyway...

But here's my cute story for the week:

My 11-year-old just got back from outdoor science camp. I guess they made the kids keep a journal...

"Hey, Mom. You know how they talk about people finding themselves in the forest? Well, I found out I'm a writer!"

Apparently, reality wasn't exciting enough, so he turned his experiences into epic adventures. Which doesn't surprise me at all. I've been telling him for some time that he was going to have to be a writer or film maker or something to cope with his crazy imagination--but I wisely refrained from saying, I told you so. But inside, I did a few cartwheels!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Judy - how exciting! you must be so proud. Especially since you are obviously such an inspiration to your son.

And, since the timing seems appropriate, I have to share, too. Nothing to compare, but it gives me hope.

My just-turned-ten yo has discovered a wacky story site where you fill in the words and write your 'own' story. Last night he was reading them to me and his dad. Every time he came to a part where he supplied the word, he would point to himself and say, "that's my word." We were trying so hard not to crack up, because he was so excited about it but he did it in such a silly way (not intentionally, of course).

It's not much, but it's a start.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I know I'd be proud of my kids if they were writers, but it seems such a long, hard road. I might encourage them to do something easier like be a doctor, engineer, or lawyer. =-)

Judy, I think I need to take a cue from your son and go find myself in the forest too. But who knows what I might find!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I read his epic adventure... They defeated the Scotchbroom tribe and made clothes out their skin (eww) and acquired the power of Newts, so now they can breathe through their skin...

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
*boing boing boing*

My report cards are done!!! All 28 of them...

My computer decided to crash in the middle of printing them, and I thought I might have to start all over again, but I managed to transfer the data to a flash drive and print them from school. *whew*

We're going out for pasta to celebrate.

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Can I hang in the bouncy castle for a bit? Is there a slide? As long as noone head-butts me I'll be good.

abctriplets

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abctriplets.blogspot.com
Think I got my revisions done on my book. Took it from 45k down to 39k. Sending it out again tomorrow.

Oh, and my eyes are killing me from being glued to Facebook since Thursday trying to win stuff from Lowe's :)