Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I, personally, need several cans of whup-ass right now. How does this work? Nagging messages? Sending the boys round? What?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I, personally, need several cans of whup-ass right now. How does this work? Nagging messages? Sending the boys round? What?

It's a commitment. We all agree to check in sometime over the weekend, and report on our reaching or not reaching our writing goals for that previous week. We nag, we praise, we offer advice and occasionally break a few kneecaps.

Check through the thread I highlighted in the first post here and you'll get a better idea of how it works.

I'd love to have you along for the ride, Z.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, Jay and Jeanne, none of us in this forum has a sense of humor. We would find no joy in being whipped by someone with a grotesque painted on smile, wearing big, floppy shoes, and a clown nose. Especially if the whip is made of licorice, which I understand yours are made of. We could take no pleasure in being hit in the face by banana cream pies tossed by twelve dwarves wearing firemen outfits as they exit a 1959 Volkswagen. We could not appreciate being scolded by Jerry Seinfeld.

Well, maybe Rllgthunder.

We write pain and we want pain. We need blood. Real blood. We need guts. Real guts. We need people who write what we write giving encouragement, offering advice and kicking ass with cloven hooves when necessary. That's why I want to try this here.

And if it doesn't work, we'll arm ourselves with scythes, rusty boy scout knives, and our fangs, and come over to visit y'all sometime after midnight some night when you least expect it. :e2teeth:

Promise?:e2flowers

Mebbe I iz post 'Heart and Soul'... ben starin at it 4 while, mebbe it scarz u?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
It's a commitment. We all agree to check in sometime over the weekend, and report on our reaching or not reaching our writing goals for that previous week. We nag, we praise, we offer advice and occasionally break a few kneecaps.

Check through the thread I highlighted in the first post here and you'll get a better idea of how it works.

I'll come over occasionally just for the gratuitous violence.

But, remember...I do not write humorror. much. I only write Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Really.

......trust me.

booky booky book book.....

zahra

Registered
Reaction score

Why, I'd love to hop aboard. I'm hotly embarrassed that I'm still working on the same rewrite from a few tear-stained months ago, but I hereby commit to deciding on which version to go with and bloody well getting on with it to the 30-page mark.

That's written in blood, btw.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Most excellent, Kerr. Are you putting it in SYW?

'Course! How else would you know I'm not pulling your tail? But everyone has to promise to go back and forth critting, even if it's just for the sake of knowing we're on track with the screams. Really! I'm becoming frightened that I've gotten too old to scare. What will S.K. do when he gets to that point?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Why, I'd love to hop aboard. I'm hotly embarrassed that I'm still working on the same rewrite from a few tear-stained months ago, but I hereby commit to deciding on which version to go with and bloody well getting on with it to the 30-page mark.

That's written in blood, btw.

Ooooo. I love the bloody commitment. Great idea! And welcome aboard.

'Course! How else would you know I'm not pulling your tail? But everyone has to promise to go back and forth critting, even if it's just for the sake of knowing we're on track with the screams. Really! I'm becoming frightened that I've gotten too old to scare. What will S.K. do when he gets to that point?

I'ma look for your piece this weekend, Kerr.

As for King, I dunno. I expect that when he comes up with a horrific idea, he smiles rather than shivers. That's kindasorta what I do, anyhow.

Thus endeth any further comparison between S.K. and Haggis.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I really like the idea of prodding us along. Hopefully the prodding is with a sufficiently strong poker to get us moving along.

Oh great, I'm starting to write rhythm.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
What if we deliberately throw the goals for the spankings?

Will there be spankings?
That all depends on how well misbehaving you are at the time. We make allowances for uncontrolled fits of writing incoherent drivel just so long as there is sufficent suffering beforehand.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I'm counting that as Spook being in too.

That makes seven.

Start thinking of your goals, people. Don't make me send Jaycinth, or Jeanne, or *gasp* Scarletpeaches over here to crack the whip.

Oh. Wait. You want that.

Well, nevermind. I'll think of something. You think about goals, and I'll do the same.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Goals

Haggis,

I think the individual goals should be completed story, submission (not a secular one), objectives for a future time, story progress, and of course actual work completed.

We can't possibly put the requirements in concrete, like we can dead people, so we need the flexibility of sorting out what our goals are for each written piece.

I like the idea. I think we need to encourage other members to succeed whenever possible.

Besides the SYW area, we have the opportunity to give a gentle push to members who have limited guidance toward publication.

We can become a group of loosles who prod our fellow members to become successful.

I'd suggest more, but unfortunately I'm afraid my good side of the brain is wormed with an infectious bacteria (vodka).

Cheers,

Jon

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com

That makes seven.

Start thinking of your goals, people. Don't make me send Jaycinth, or Jeanne, or *gasp* Scarletpeaches over here to crack the whip.

Oh. Wait. You want that.

Well, nevermind. I'll think of something. You think about goals, and I'll do the same.
*cracks knuckles, oils whips, strokes cat-o-nine-tails*

I can't WAIT for them to not make their goals, Haggis.

Willing victims are just as much fun as unwilling victims...each in their own, heh, way...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That makes seven.

Oh. Wait. You want that.

When would you like us to post our goals by? (Like how I ended that sentence? LOL)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
When would you like us to post our goals by? (Like how I ended that sentence? LOL)

I'll post on Friday or Saturday. You'll have a week to turn in your goals and your first reports. I know it's the holidays and all, but we've got to start sometime. Adjust your goals accordingly.

Spooky laid out some good goal ideas. Draw from them if you like or make up your own.

Me? I'm a weekend writer. During the week I occasionally write, but I'm more prone to edit or crit. Some weekends go by without me writing. That's got to stop. I expect abuse if I don't meet my own goals. You should expect abuse gentle prodding if you don't reach yours. Or I'll bring Jeanne in here.

Everyone's situation is different. Some of us can or want to write daily. Some of us write slowly. Some of us write faster. Doesn't matter what the goal is. What matters is that we have a goal and that we strive to reach it. One goal I'd love to see everyone have is at least one sale (or agent bite or partial submission or full submission). I'm not mandating that by any means, but I think it would be healthy to focus on success.

I'll try to post my personal goals by Friday. Saturday at the latest.

Sound like a plan?

[/preaching]

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll post on Friday or Saturday. You'll have a week to turn in your goals and your first reports. I know it's the holidays and all, but we've got to start sometime. Adjust your goals accordingly.

Spooky laid out some good goal ideas. Draw from them if you like or make up your own.

Me? I'm a weekend writer. During the week I occasionally write, but I'm more prone to edit or crit. Some weekends go by without me writing. That's got to stop. I expect abuse if I don't meet my own goals. You should expect abuse gentle prodding if you don't reach yours. Or I'll bring Jeanne in here.

Everyone's situation is different. Some of us can or want to write daily. Some of us write slowly. Some of us write faster. Doesn't matter what the goal is. What matters is that we have a goal and that we strive to reach it. One goal I'd love to see everyone have is at least one sale (or agent bite or partial submission or full submission). I'm not mandating that by any means, but I think it would be healthy to focus on success.

I'll try to post my personal goals by Friday. Saturday at the latest.

Sound like a plan?

[/preaching]

It's a plan, Stan. Er, Haggis. :) *salutes*

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I expect abuse if I don't meet my own goals. You should expect abuse gentle prodding if you don't reach yours. Or I'll bring Jeanne in here.
[/preaching]
I loooove it when they don't meet their goals. Just looooove it.

Just going to go warm up the cattle prod, for that potential gentle prodding...

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
I did SO much work today. Hurray for me, I think I'll evade the whipping this week. Phew.

Of course, the Christmas shopping amounted to no more than a hopeful roll of wrapping paper, but that's another story, and possibly another whipping...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my first goal for the next week is to get five hundred words a day, or a net total of 3k for the week, on my newest WIP.

Goal #2: re-read WIP #1 on the list below and see what is salvageable for a two year workshop I'm going to be doing, and try to get my poop in a group for that. (It begins in January)

Goal #3: Add at least another 1k to WIP#2.

I'm probably setting myself up for a serious butt-whipping, but I figure if I'm gonna commit to some goals, I might as well go whole hog...

Status
Not open for further replies.