Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, Para.

ETA: I might have references to Harry Potter and Glee in the Underdogs series, but they are relevent!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Why is that a bad sign, HR?

Lisa, whether or not I write depends on how annoyed I end up within the next fifteen minutes or so. One of my friends is being a friggin' idiot, yet again. Also, read An Abundance of Katherines.

ETA: Hi Para. That was lol-worthy.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
How is your friend being an idiot, Ari?

I am currently looking for a main course for a dinner party. Ah... the joys of research. :3

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well, three of my friends (technically 6, but only 3 in question at the moment) are supposed to room with me for a convention in January. Now I'm being told they're not because one of them evidently has an issue in rooming with people he doesn't know, which is stupid. There's only going to be 2 people in there he hasn't met. As opposed to 4 of us that he knows already. Ugh.

I love research. Sometimes.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I have not read any of John Green's books. Yet.

You should fix that. Immediately.

I originally had my YA protagonist reading Harry Potter, but I thought mentioning Harry Potter in the first scene of a book about an abused kid being invited to a special school for magic might be a bit much. :tongue

Lol :D

Hey, any chance that you could read my first five pages if I send them to you tomorrow? Please? :) From BB. I think you read the first five pages before (they're not the same).

Why is that a bad sign, HR?

Lisa, whether or not I write depends on how annoyed I end up within the next fifteen minutes or so. One of my friends is being a friggin' idiot, yet again. Also, read An Abundance of Katherines.

ETA: Hi Para. That was lol-worthy.

Typically the closer I get to finishing revisions, the more anxious I get to be done with them. So I rush. I already tried to talk myself into starting to send queries early. Until I realized that I won't have a final word count until they're done.

An Abundance of Katherines is great, but not my favorite by him. Paper Towns is my favorite, but I'm a little biased because it was also my first Green book. Looking for Alaska is amazing.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhh. I understand. Don't rush! Rushing is bad!

I've only read An Abundance of Katherines. I need to pick up his others still.

And thanks Lisa :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Paper Towns sounds the most appealing to me at the moment...

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I have not read any of John Green's books. Yet.

I've only read Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns so far but I'm inlovewithhim... I mean the way he writes. :D He's just so nerdtastic! And I can't wait for his next his next book The Fault in Our Stars. Bit yeah...you definitely need to read a John Green book and fast!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The Mortal Instruments is a fine example of how much I love nerds. I love Jace, but if I had to choose between him and Simon, Simon would win. Every. Time. I love his nerdy references. :D

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. I have an idea for a teenage pregnancy story. Is that a bad idea? I've only read one, and that was Sarah Dessen's.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, the gaps have been filled. Now to try and continue the chapter notes for Chapter Thirteen and continue my beta reading duties.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to either force myself to write or outline. Something productive.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Okay... But what would yo mean by how it's wrtten? I don't want to do anything wrong...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well...if you're making it look like a wonderful thing, you're probably not writing it the proper way. But it's an individual thing, not something that you can just say "this is the right way" and "this is the wrong way" about.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking I may need to research what I like to call the pregnancy calander.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have to finish Season 1 and then move onto Season 2 - as soon as possible.

Yes, pregnancy calander. Tristan's step-mum is pregnant, and it's hard to figure out when she would have scans and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.