New to all of this and nervous

cjn104

Hope starts on the first page
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so admittedly, I've been writing for a majority of my life and I've loved it a lot. Just two weeks ago I actually managed to finish the first draft of my first hopeful novel, and I said to myself I need to stop being so introverted and open up sooooo I joined this place and although I somehow got accepted I feel extremely shy about it all since, well, I'm new to this. I never really got to meet a lot of other writiers (my sisters write too but they sort of have each other and another friend is sorta there and then not) So I'm hoping with this site, I can meet new people, make new friends, read a lot of things and just try to find my place, you know? Hopefully you're interested you can stop by this thread lol

Oh, I'm Chris by the way!

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Chris!

It's nice to meet you :) No need to be nervous.. Congrats on finishing that first draft! AW is full of friendly faces. There is a TON to explore here - so many resources to get your hands dirty with, so to speak. If you ever need an ear, I'm always around and looking to connect with other writers in many of the same ways you are! ^-^

Welcome, again!

Physsica

Planning a return trip to earth.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Chris! A lot of us are new. Me definitely included. So hello and no worries, the water is great here!

cjn104

Registered
Reaction score
Well just based offo f that I can tell people here are really nice and if a lot of us are new, it already leaves us with one thing in common :) and I wouldn't helping you or anybody out in any way possible. Thanks by the way

michaelginn

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Chris. I believe that you'll find a good number of the people here(myself included) are just as nervous about opening themselves up.

Beats the alternative, in my opinion anyway. :)

cjn104

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, you're right, I did forget that! It's okay if you want to AW shun me for five minutes, I understand :p
It definitely does beat the alternative lol

C.R. Baker

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chris!

I'm new here and also just finished my first draft. Have you read your draft from start to finish yet? I kept putting mine off (I was afraid) but now I'm editing and it's pretty fun.

Nice to meet you.

C.R.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

tinker

Winging it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW and congrats on finishing that first draft, Chris!
:welcome:

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
Hiya Chris. Welcome to AW. No reason to be nervous. No one here will bite you - unless you really look like Vin and then it'll just be a nibble...unless someone can't pull me off. But no worries there. Lots of strong people here. Point is, just relax!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

BabySealWriter

Often misses his target
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Chris. AW is a great place for you to be, and it is filled with a lot of great people, that for some reason or another care about what you have to say. Nothing to be nervous about, and welcome to the forum.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Chris. No need to feel shy. We accept everyone here (as long as you don't spam us, troll us, or disrespect your fellow writer).

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

cjn104

Registered
Reaction score
Well, this place definitely has the best atmosphere I've seen online! It's nice to see a whole bunch of good people here and fellow writers as well. Hopefully I can make some friends and help as much of you out as best as I can :)

Savvy623

sweet n sassy
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Chris!

Congrats on the draft! I know how you feel! I just joined as well (first time on an online community) and am kinda nervous myself...I was always that person who was afraid to share what I was working on with others and am hoping to "break out" of my shell.
Glad to see another friendly person looking to do the same :)

Have fun!!