Iran convicts US journalist of spying

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Iran will keep her very long. To me, it seems like the perfect opportunity to release her and create the appearance of magnanimity.

G'Nite, all.

That would work against them. If they became insistent, people might start believing she had actually done something wrong. I'll probably never think she did anything besides have the wrong gender, and say the wrong thing to the wrong, important male.

And if they release her in three weeks, it will have proved every one of my suspicions.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
And if they release her in three weeks, it will have proved every one of my suspicions.

almost to the day...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ri-freed-by-Iranian-appeal-court-verdict.html

Lawyers for the 32-year old said the court had reduced the eight-year jail sentence to a suspended two-year term and she would soon be freed.

The Iranian-American television reporter had lived in Iran for six years before she was charged with "cooperating with a hostile state" after her arrest in January. The harsh sentence provoked an international backlash that prompted Iran's hardline president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to express concern that she had received due process. After his intervention the head of the Iranian judicary asked for the appeal court review.