Last Movie You Watched...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quel "goofy cat scene?"

Don't know if you've seen the first, so not to give too much away, but there's a scene where some cats react with hostility (in the whole "animals sense evil" manner) to a certain character. It comes off poorly...

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if you've seen the first, so not to give too much away, but there's a scene where some cats react with hostility (in the whole "animals sense evil" manner) to a certain character. It comes off poorly...

I haven't seen it. That's why I am ignorant about it. Thanks, Jcomp.

Schu

American ninja writer girl
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I revisited the cinematic classic, 3 Ninjas. It was really bad.

Even drinking vodka while watching didn't help. Of course, we chased the vodka with Capri Sun.

It was a night of bad ideas.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Splice. Sarah Polley and Adrien Brody make a baby. Not especially gory, but creepy on pretty much every single level I can think of (not kidding). On a scale where Martyrs is a 10 and Dead Ringers is an 8, this is a solid 7. It's probably not for everyone, but I liked it a lot.

Last edited:

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I went to see a movie about owls with my kids. The kids loved it and while I had fun spending time with the rugrats,talking owls isn't my cup of tea.

Parents should be able to sneak shot bottles of Jack Daniels into the theater so we can cope.

MissJones89

Writing is inevitable
Registered
Reaction score
I recently went through a Kevin Spacey spree: The Usual Suspects, K-Pax, Pay it Forward and a couple of others. Made me sad when I ran out of movies to watch.

Have you had similar movie sprees where you watch all the movies starring a special actor/actress?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you had similar movie sprees where you watch all the movies starring a special actor/actress?

Oh sure, we have Cillian Murphy sprees, DiCaprio sprees, Clive Owen sprees, shit, we accidentally had a Gemma Aterton spree just a week or two ago.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Jess Franco's Count Dracula, with Christopher Lee. Horrible effects. One scene, where they chopped off a head, the corpse looked like they had taken eyeliner to show the cut, then used lipstick to show the blood.

Not a lot of action, but there were lots and lots of close-ups, in an artsy-fartsy sort of epic fail way. Klaus Kinski probably needed some more direction as Renfield, because most of the time he was just staring off into space, or he'd spend several minutes slowly, slowly, reaching for a bug.

But, the movie was an actual adaptation of the novel (most Dracula films are based off a play based off the novel), and for that, it makes it somewhat interesting.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let Me In. Solid. The child actors are fantastic, but I liked the Swedish film better.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
The Breakfast Club

We watched it with our teenage sons and they agree high school hasn't really changed much in 25 years.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Let Me In. I've been going on about it. Liked it very much. I want to see Kodi Smit-McPhee play Hamlet in ten years (if Chloe Moretz were his Ophelia, that would just pretty sweet as well).

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sunshine Cleaning = Amy and Emily were both brilliant in my opinion.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Videodrome

I wonder if they had written the movie 15 years later it would be about computers...

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Let Me In. There must have been about six other people in the theater. It's a real shame because the film is good and Chloe Moretz deserves a nomination--which will not happen because of the box office.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Sunshine Cleaning = Amy and Emily were both brilliant in my opinion.
I loved that one. :D

Just finishing Get Him to the Greek. And I was really surprised. It was much better than I thought. I laughed so hard I cried, many times. And cried sometimes when it was sad too.

xitomatl

Celsius 232
Registered
Reaction score

All the time!!

I have also done the Clive Owen spree (love his voice), Cary Grant, James Stewart, Grace Kelly, James Dean (too bad that one is so short)... a lot of old classic actors I'll do sprees for.

It's an excellent thing to do on a rainy day.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Leaving Las Vegas. Haven't seen it in years, forgot how depressing it is. Great movie though. Both Cage and Shue had amazing performances.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big movie buff, and I go to the movies quite a bit too.

Let's see, last movie...

...rented The Killer Inside Me based on the 1952 novel by Jim Thompson. I gotta say Casey Affleck was spooky good. The scene with Jessica Alba was pretty brutal to watch. I haven't read the book but I'm familiar with it so I wasn't sure how closely the movie follows the book.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Call of Cthulhu the fine, recent, silent, mythoscopic interpretation of the Lovecraft classic.

And The Hound of the Baskervilles with Jeremy Brett's spot on Holmes.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
The Call of Cthulhu the fine, recent, silent, mythoscopic interpretation of the Lovecraft classic.

We watched this today at my house as well. The roomie was a bit miffed at having to read. Myself, I loved the sparkly sheets standing in as turbulent waves. And the cult in the swamp. Not so much Cthulhu him(it)self. I wonder why they have not released Whisperer in the Darkness.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity. I can't watch scary movies in the theatre, the mood isn't right. But watching it at night, in the dark, in your bedroom, while all the scary stuff takes place in the couple's bedroom....really freaked me out!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I jsut watched the "Nightmare On Elm Street" remake. I am not impressed. Why won't Hollywood leave horror classics alone?

I also watched "The Bride" with Sting and Jennifer Beals. I tell you that the lulz factor is high with these cheesy 80's movies but I still love them.

My mom and I watched "Beauty And The Beast" episodes. Vincent and that voice! le Sigh! I don't care if he was a cat-man hybrid. That voice speaking Shakespeare and poetry is pure goodness!