Welcome, Lurkers!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Am I going to have a kill a mailman? I don't think I can do that.

(Although the bozo we used to have, I'd have been tempted. I don't expect perfection, but when we get no mail at all for three days, then receive so much the big box won't hold it all? Right. Plus the mis-deliveries that progressed from frequent to daily? Puh-leeze.)

Maryn, done ranting, on this one subject

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I like the seasons and the changes. Not real fond of some of the driving conditions that results in though.

If I were your mailman (woman) these things would not happen. Unless I was having a very, very bad day. :D

Siren of Triton

Registered
Reaction score
This may have been asked already, but - any reason why the Erotica age requirement is 21 and not 18?

If you are 18-20, you are a legal adult (at least in the U.S.) and it seems like you should be considered "mature enough" to read that stuff.

Deleted member 42

This may have been asked already, but - any reason why the Erotica age requirement is 21 and not 18?

If you are 18-20, you are a legal adult (at least in the U.S.) and it seems like you should be considered "mature enough" to read that stuff.

It's because international law as applied to the Internet is less specific--and there are age variations about legality even in the U.S.

Better safe than sorry.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a new lurker. I've been researching erotica since I discovered in my current WIP that I love writing sex. Didn't even know I did until I did it. Thanks for the welcoming sticky!

jenrising

eep!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting my New Years resolution a few days early. That means actually posting something on this forum. I've been reading it for months and just signed up a few days ago.

I've gotten some wonderful ideas, and a ton of good laughs from you folks. Not to mention the courage to actually try and get some of my work published for the first time.

So, that's a long-winded way to say, Hello!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
oooh!

Fresh meat.:evil

Welcome and enjoy!

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. :)

She has no idea about the "Bordello" yet, does she? LOL

jenrising

eep!
Registered
Reaction score
If mention of a bordello scared me away I'd really be in the wrong forum.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
This is true. LOL

The Bordello is where we yak, blow off steam, goof around and generally have fun. Since it's password protected...you have to get the 'sekrit' word to get in and see what happens behind the scenes. :D

When and if you're ready to post in SYW or see how bad we really are, you have to PM one of our Mods for the password. El Montague or Veinglory--and you have to be twenty-one. Still interested? PM them with your birthdate and ask.

jenrising

eep!
Registered
Reaction score
I've just emailed for the secret password. Synonym, you must be living inside my head. There's plenty of company up there so I don't notice new visitors.

I'm curious and a little frightened to see what you all get up to in private. Since all the best things are scary and exciting, I can't wait.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
It's not 'that' bad. LOL Be prepared to see discussions on about anything though. From the mundane to the 'oh God'. Whatever you do, don't let it bother you if your post isn't immediately answered. Sometimes the comments fly pretty fast. We'll catch up and make a smart remark, laugh or actually answer. :D

Boston Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a new lurker. I've been researching erotica since I discovered in my current WIP that I love writing sex. Didn't even know I did until I did it. Thanks for the welcoming sticky!

I'm starting my New Years resolution a few days early. That means actually posting something on this forum. I've been reading it for months and just signed up a few days ago.

I've gotten some wonderful ideas, and a ton of good laughs from you folks. Not to mention the courage to actually try and get some of my work published for the first time.

So, that's a long-winded way to say, Hello!

Welcome fresh meat newbies! :welcome:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just back from the cleaners, where they said they got the Moosehead of Newbie Initiation clean but charged extra for certain kinds of stain removal.

Each newcomer provides his or her own underwear, of course.

Maryn, not responsible for loss or damage

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Passing thru really quick. Hoping for some ideas as I was assigned this genre for my turn on the blog chain this month.
Man......

BJThornton

Writer, and stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bjthornton.com
Hi, I'm Beej. I've stopped through Absolute Write a few times, but today I wandered upon a post in this section and had to join. I usually dabble in romance, but I've been trying my hand at erotica lately. So I'm here to lend my support to this genre. Looking forward to knowing you.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
With a nickname like Beej, where else would you possibly want to be? :D