Cover letter and what you look for in an intern

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJVPL

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if y'all minded reading over this cover letter and telling me how to improve. Also, I'd like to know what y'all look for in an intern. Thanks so much!!

Dear,

I am writing to express my interest in the editorial internship position advertised on ----. I am a sophomore English major, Biology minor at ----- and I would like to join the editorial team at---- to prepare me for my career as an Editor.

I am detail-oriented and well-organized; I'm a strong communicator and I have plenty of experience working with colleagues. As an editorial intern at---- , I use these skills often in reviewing and critiquing student submissions as well as collaborating with other editorial interns to streamline the submission process.

I have strong writing and social media skills that came in use at ---, a social networking start-up company, where I wrote and edited weekly blog posts and used platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+ to engage users.

I would love the opportunity to use my knowledge from these experiences at ----. I am therefore confident that my experience and personal dedication are just the qualities you are looking for in an intern. Please contact me anytime via phone ---or email at ---edu. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
RJVPL, you have to have at least fifty posts to your name before you can ask for critiques of your work--and that includes critiques of letters like this.

Spend some time participating in the many discussions going on here. You'll soon build your post-count up (a warning: one-line responses will get deleted: you have to really join in).

If you don't have the time to contribute to our community, why should we help you?

I'll lock this. When you've got your fifty posts drop me a PM and I'll reopen it for you, and move it to the appropriate place.

Status
Not open for further replies.