Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes, I don't know... it annoys me when America gets the same programmes as us. I know it shouldn't... but it's kinda like how some American shows don't get shown in the UK... So why should you get ours? Hahaha Don't worry... I'm just bitter that American's are always so much more hyper about British stuff than us... We're usually fanatical but a bit more mellow.

Ignore my griping... It's just my old age showing... *grabs the walking stick* "Young people today..." PSML! 0.o

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
A girl just walked by me who looked a LOT like Taylor Swift. I was mildly confused for a minute.

But I'm off to class again, since I have to move to a different building for this one. Fun times.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The sixth season is split because the people who do Doctor Who are the same people who do Sherlock. They can only work on one series at a time. That's why there were only seven episodes of Doctor Who this year.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooh, intriguing. I hadn't thought of that.

Also, hello Para. How're you? :)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
OWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I swallowed a pill and it went down sideways and is now like stuck and burning! OWWWWWWW!!! I HATE when this happens!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I did! its not going down... Damn water! had to drink a whole cup of the disguesting stuff and nope did not dislouge the pill...

Oh as for torchwood, i'm watching the new one. Quick question... Are Jack and the Doctor... are they ever in a relationship at any point in time?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Not true, Katheryn. Lots of British shows come to NA late, but our stations make an effort to catch up.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh as for torchwood, i'm watching the new one. Quick question... Are Jack and the Doctor... are they ever in a relationship at any point in time?

Tragically :tongue there's nothing more than lots of flirting and a single onscreen kiss.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, things are just... irritating me today. Will try to keep my moaning to a minimum. Wow... the sun is out. It's 5pm. What's the point? *sigh*

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I did! its not going down... Damn water! had to drink a whole cup of the disguesting stuff and nope did not dislouge the pill...

Tragically :tongue there's nothing more than lots of flirting and a single onscreen kiss.

What Para said. I wish they would bring Jack back to DW just for an episode or two. I loved him so much.

Panicking. My dissertation is due next week.

Uh oh. Good luck!! :D

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to have my bad guy "reborn". I don't want to do it like JKR in a cemetary and stuff... But I don't know where I could do it and how. Hmm...

Psst. Tally...

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor, I've read loads of books about people discovering they have magic, etc etc. It's silly if every time someone does that, they instantly think of Harry Potter. JRK is an author, not god. She can't stop someone writing about magic just because she did and it happened to be successful. Just saying. So, I wouldn't worry about similarities.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have actually March of 2009 for spring break i went with my school for a week and apparently it was the best week of weather in Englands history. Sunny, warm and never rained!

i'd been to Ireland too... it rained and was very misty my entire stay then.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I have actually March of 2009 for spring break i went with my school for a week and apparently it was the best week of weather in Englands history. Sunny, warm and never rained!

i'd been to Ireland too... it rained and was very misty my entire stay then.

Hahaha sounds like our summer, then. (as in, we tend to get a small time of really good weather that's not in july/august) We've not been having the best weather lately, and recently it's been dull during the day and then the sun comes out, like today, in the evening, when quite frankly it's pointless!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to have my bad guy "reborn". I don't want to do it like JKR in a cemetary and stuff... But I don't know where I could do it and how. Hmm...

You could try a symbolic crossing-place like a bridge. Or a place with mystical associations, like a circle of standing stones or a ley line or a set of ancient ruins. Water is also associated with rebirth, so you could have him/her reborn in a river. (This was done really powerfully at the end of the Shawshank Redemption, if anyone's seen that.) Finally, you could just go for outright creepy, like an abandoned asylum or the site of a massacre.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor, I've read loads of books about people discovering they have magic, etc etc. It's silly if every time someone does that, they instantly think of Harry Potter. JRK is an author, not god. She can't stop someone writing about magic just because she did and it happened to be successful. Just saying. So, I wouldn't worry about similarities.

I know, but I don't want to use it. I'm already doing something SIMILAR to Tri-Wizard Tournament (without Barty Crouch Jr. as Moody), so I don't want to do something similar to that as well.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
You could try a symbolic crossing-place like a bridge. Or a place with mystical associations, like a circle of standing stones or a ley line or a set of ancient ruins. Water is also associated with rebirth, so you could have him/her reborn in a river. (This was done really powerfully at the end of the Shawshank Redemption, if anyone's seen that.) Finally, you could just go for outright creepy, like an abandoned asylum or the site of a massacre.

Thank ya :) Those a good ideas.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
No problem. I'm also writing a school-of-magic story that leans on Harry Potter in some respects, so I've been doing a lot of thinking about this stuff.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I see. I'm always worried that I'm way too similar to it. Quite... Stressful. Haha.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You know if my series get published one thing that it wont have as compared to like HP is the merchindise aspect... My series doesnt have anything that they could really market... maybe a lot of things with Freak written on it but that's really it. That's starting to disappoint me.

Status
Not open for further replies.