What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A. K. Fotinos-Hoyer

Chasing Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
I have The Night Circus audiobook on hold at the library. But tragically, I'm 6th in line (which is an improvement over last year, when I first ordered it... I was 20th in line). I can't wait to listen to it! I discovered it through NaNoWriMo and absolutely adored the story about how the "circus" aspect came into being through a dare. Fun times, [:

I'm so excited for you to read it :) Hope your turn comes soon!!! Hopefully it will because I can't imagine that the people on the list before you will take very long to listen to it - I know I couldn't stop reading once I started. And I also read about how the circus element came to be in the story - It seems so strange hearing that after reading the book because I can't at all imagine what the story was like before she moved it to the circus.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading The Girl in the Steel Corset.

Loved the intro, but now I'm like....Meh.

*ducks to avoid hurled produce*

Emberchyld

Hanging out in Medieval Castles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
isabelbandeira.blogspot.com
I've decided I would read even a shopping list written by Stephanie Perkins. :)

Agree x1000000000 She's just plain magical.

Just started Dearly, Departed. The first few paragraphs of chapter two have made me fall in love with this book so much. Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't a short, whirlwind bookish romance.

(How can it be? It has the best of everything so far: Steampunk, zombies, AND dystopia. I'm a sucker for all of that awesomeness)

iBel29

Registered
Reaction score
Oooh I'm reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver, loving it so far

rendezvous_with_leon

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

It was really good, I loved it.

And now I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars, started today, and so far, it's amazing (as expected. That's John Green for you.)

-Tabby ^-^

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Reading the new John Green and loving it heartachingly.

Malia

Registered
Reaction score
It seems so strange hearing that after reading the book because I can't at all imagine what the story was like before she moved it to the circus.

The power of revision! I love reading stories like Erin Morgenstern's; they give me hope.

Just started Dearly, Departed. The first few paragraphs of chapter two have made me fall in love with this book so much. Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't a short, whirlwind bookish romance.

(How can it be? It has the best of everything so far: Steampunk, zombies, AND dystopia. I'm a sucker for all of that awesomeness)

Guh! I have the audiobook on my shelf and don't know when I'll have time to listen to it. But I saw the steampunk and zombies and just HAD to get it.

Just finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

It was really good, I loved it.

That's great to hear... I was debating whether or not to add it to my already overwhelming TBR pile. And now I think I shall.

Despite the fact that I am listening to two books already, I began listening to a third! Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm liking her take on werewolves...

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I've almost finished BABYLON STEEL by Gaie Sebold (aka AW's own Broadswordbabe), which is fantasy that's a lot of fun. Note that it's not YA though - there's a bit of nookie naughtiness in there, including girl on lizard action. So you've been warned. There's a sequel due next year, which I'm looking forward to reading.

I think I'm going to read THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith because it's been getting a lot of buzz on the YA communities I frequent and although I'm not normally a romance gal by any stretch of the imagination, I'd like to see what the fuss is about. Plus it's short and I'm keen to hit 75 books this year. :is shallow:

MM

Lizzy

Quiet but observant
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished The Fault in Our Stars and I loved it. Now I'm starting Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler. I knew nothing about it and bought it only because I enjoyed Twenty Boy Summer. So far, so good.

Nephytis

<insert random comment>
Registered
Reaction score
the most recent YA series/book i read was Destined, in the House of Night series. i have mixed feelings about those books.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Torn by Cat Clarke. It's about a school trip to the Scottish wilderness that goes wrong when one of the girls dies - loving it so far, it's full of mean girls and snark.

ambermg

Registered
Reaction score
Just started reading "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. So far I'm loving it. Lots of romantic tension and a mysterious plot. :)

Emberchyld

Hanging out in Medieval Castles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
isabelbandeira.blogspot.com
About a... third?... into Dearly, Departed and I'm so in love with it that I want to have its zombie-steampunk babies.

Oh, and if you loved Die For Me, you'll adore Until I Die. Finished the ARC earlier this week and Kate was just so kick-butt, Vincent amazing, and Jules so wonderfully flirty that I stayed up (really) late to finish the book.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
finished the fault in our stars.

loved. it.

omg. i loved it.

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
About 100 pages into Divergent. Finding it amazing so far!

teodorika

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "The Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater and I'm really impressed! The plot and the whole concept are really engaging and it's a one-part book! I haven't read a book-book in ages :) I'm really looking forward to finish the story when I finish the book, not having to wait another year for the sequel :)

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of paragraphs into TARGET by Kathleen Jeffrie Johnson. Man, she is ah-maz-ing at characterisation and emotion. I bought it to read as some research for a book I wanted to write on a similar subject, but there is no way I'm ever going to be able to write it as well. There goes another idea ;)

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Scarlet by AC Gaughren. Absolutely fantastic so far. Very authentic.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Can't remember if I said this or not. I read You Against Me last week - in one sitting. That was 7 hours of non-stop reading. I absolutely loved it!!!

Finished Fault in Our Stars over the weekend. Absolutely loved it too.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Finished TARGET. Brilliant, nearly had me crying at some parts.

Now another weep-fest, cos my friend has a copy of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS he's letting me borrow. :)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
OMG Divergent was AMAZING. I wasn't sure it could live up to the incredible hype around it but it absolutely did.

Status
Not open for further replies.