New and Happy to found you

Nistarn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nistarn.deviantart.com
Hi there. My name is Vanessa, born and live in Lisbon Portugal, and I share the passion for words as you do all.
I write and draw everyday for a long time but never shared enough so here I am. I recently sent my work to all the publishers in my country, we dont have that many that like Fantasy. It has been a long run, over 15years now of writing, reading. I always get the same answer. "We dont have a place in our catalog for your work."
I never quit, nor will I know how, even when every door gets closed. I want to learn more, and be better, so I take critiques seriously and hope to find some feedback from you.
I am not an english nativespeaker, so I write in Portuguese, (didnt find anyone here yet) but I want to post my work in english in the Share Work space. I am aiming for a foreigner market and dont know if it is totally impossible.

hum... I write or read 5h to 9h a day everyday the past years ( because of work ) but mostly my job is my hobby. Because of this, drawing and reading, writing I dont have many social skills : D

Thats it for today, thank you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

elijoal

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and I salute your courage; entering a writing community in a non-native language seems a daunting task to me. I speak German, but it would take a major leap of faith for me to start writing in German, even to start posting in a forum.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the brand new Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Howdy, Vanessa! It's hard to write well even in one's native language, so I really admire the work involved in writing in a second language.

I'm part Portuguese, but don't speak any.

Not many social skills? You'll fit right in!

Nistarn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nistarn.deviantart.com
Wooo I wasnt expecting such warm welcome. I ll read the rules and follow your advices, I am really happy to be here, not just saying but feeling it. I dont mind about the 50 post before some real sharing. I totally agree with it. And it feels more confortable that way.

I got a call from an office, I was hopping it would be a publisher or something like that. It was regarding the possibility for translating my manuscript so I could at least sent something to a foreigner publisher. I was... what? For page? For word??? *fainted* So expensive. No way I can do that, so I came here, Ill improve my skills from reading and answering. This is very new too me, its a litle scary because there is so many threads always new people. I will try not to loose myself.

once again, everyone that answered, thank you. See you around.

Brandt

give it to me straight
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Vanessa,

Sounds like you love what you do. Hope you find a home here. You sound like a very nice person and that's a great social skill anywhere.

Good luck