Where to do a Children's Reading/Booksigning in NYC/Boston?

Reaction score
If anyone had a reading/book signing in NYC or Boston (or if you happen to work at a library/school/bookstore that would be interested in one), I would really appreciate some suggestions! I'm want to do as many readings as possible for my new children's book, Elsbett & Robin Take On A-Nasty-Sia, for 8-12 year olds. Please either reply here or message me directly. I really appreciate it!

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone had a reading/book signing in NYC or Boston (or if you happen to work at a library/school/bookstore that would be interested in one), I would really appreciate some suggestions! I'm want to do as many readings as possible for my new children's book, Elsbett & Robin Take On A-Nasty-Sia, for 8-12 year olds. Please either reply here or message me directly. I really appreciate it!

Your publisher would generally arrange that. I looked at the link and your book looks self-pubbed, which would bring up questions about how you'd sell the book to stores, at what rate, what about returns, etc., that you'd need to know.

If you do, and have done this before, I know a couple children's bookstores but I'm not sure how they arrange personal events, or if they do.

What's a sia?

ETA: Eight to 12 should be MG, no?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your publisher would generally arrange that. I looked at the link and your book looks self-pubbed, which would bring up questions about how you'd sell the book to stores, at what rate, what about returns, etc., that you'd need to know.

If you do, and have done this before, I know a couple children's bookstores but I'm not sure how they arrange personal events, or if they do.

What's a sia?

ETA: Eight to 12 should be MG, no?

Yes, it's middle grade and self-pubbed! I meant for self published authors, I forgot to mention that!

It's a joke the kids make (explained in the book).

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
I think maybe you should go around to some indie bookstores and try to set some sort of agreement up with them to get your book in physical stores, then you should try to schedule readings there, as well as at libraries. Heck, you could event try donating a copy of your book to local libraries. This might generate more buzz, and who knows, it could lead to them asking you to do a reading if they learn the author lives in the area.

I've never self-published, so I'm assuming that the more reviews that your book has, and the more exposure it gains will really be the deciding factor in all of this.

I volunteer at my local library every week, and the readings for children are typically done based on a holiday theme, recent books that have just come out, or something along those lines.