Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
My agent seems to think now is a good time to go on sub, to take advantage of "holiday break reading." She says she wants to go out before Thanksgiving. (I say she's about to miss another of her self-imposed deadlines.):mad:

This is exactly what happened to me. She kinda, sorta pressed me into chucking the YA fantasy out there amongst the masses, whilst I have the thriller out there. I have received contracts from small press and agents before at this time of year. The editorial biggies? Not so sure about that. It's got me feeling a little numb right now. Although she has a number of my books to choose from, the thriller and the YA fantasy were the two big guns, IMO.

I'm just hoping that by Feb or March of next year, I won't be mourning the death of both of them. As Napolean Dynamite says, "Gosh!"

Tri

RhiannonFrater

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhiannonfrater.blogspot.com
My agent already warned me that we will probably not hear back on my submission until after Thanksgiving. I'm surprisingly calm this time around, but maybe that is because the editor at Tor liked my first series enough to make it the editor's pick. Of course, she could loathe my new work. Hehehehe...

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Rosie, wow! Looks like you might be the next one picked
icon12.gif

coloradogirl

The poster formerly known as...
Registered
Reaction score
Checking in again after a break for attending World Fantasy followed by a vacation to visit family in Australia...my username's different (went back to my old AW account), but I'm the poster formerly known as (see avatar pic!).

At long (loooong!) last my agent gave the go-ahead to publicly announce my good news! My debut epic fantasy novel The Whitef1re Cr0ssing sold along with a sequel to N1ght Sh@de Books; first book to be released Fall 2011 and the sequel a year later.

Oh, and another big thanks to those of you who helped me out with titles! I get to keep Whitefire for the 1st book and The Ta1nted C1ty for book 2; series title will be The Sh@ttered S1gil.

Shari - HUGE CONGRATS!!!! :hooray:

Rosie - Fingers crossed your bite turns into a deal!

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
At long (loooong!) last my agent gave the go-ahead to publicly announce my good news! My debut epic fantasy novel The Whitef1re Cr0ssing sold along with a sequel to N1ght Sh@de Books; first book to be released Fall 2011 and the sequel a year later.

OMG!!!!! Bl.... Coloradogirl!!!!!! That awesome. And The Whitef1re Cr0ssing! That was my fave!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read it!!!

Holy crap, I think I'm gonna explode this afternoon!!!!

:Jump::banana::e2woo::e2bouncey

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Coloradogirl!!! Two book deal! Woohoo!

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I'm loving all this great news. Congratulations Coloradogirl, Rosiecotton and YAwriter! I think that long stretch of frozen publishers is officially over. Just think what you guys can write in your Christmas cards this year...BOOK DEAL!

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Hell appears to be freezing over! Congratulations on that great news!

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for all the good news! Congrats everybody!! Nice to see things moving again. :)

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
*sprinkles congrats dust on EVERYONE*

CONGRATS FOR GETTING DEALS

CONGRATS FOR AWESOME AGENT NEWS

CONGRATS FOR ALMOST GETTING THERE - YOU'RE ALMOST THERE

CONGRATS FOR WORKING ON THE WIP

CONGRATS FOR NOT GIVING UP!!

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goo Luck, Tri!

Excellent news, Rosie - fingers crossed!

Hi coloradogirl - yay for deal news!

~suki

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow's my big day to find out what's happening. Agent says there's lots of stuff going on, but she's been away, so I won't find out until tomorrow. On sub to a number of publishers in Canada, UK and elsewhere. Let's hope the thaw in Hell extends all the way to Ontario!

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow's my big day to find out what's happening. Agent says there's lots of stuff going on, but she's been away, so I won't find out until tomorrow. On sub to a number of publishers in Canada, UK and elsewhere. Let's hope the thaw in Hell extends all the way to Ontario!

Yeah good luck sprinkles on Ontarians!

Status
Not open for further replies.