Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
I hate my web server. I was having real trouble getting their design pages to work with a picture for my homepage. Tech supports response? Get another picture. Huh? I seriously despise these people and will be switching. I'm testing a new site with a dummy address. It was worth the $10.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Mad, I use bluehost and like it so far, if you're looking.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
I'll join in on the waiting pain. I've been out a month - no response either way. Three editors reading. No responses yet. Agent is following up today so I expect to probably hear something one way or the other soon from somebody. I'm much more relaxed than last time, but now, at a month, I'm starting to get a bit antsy.:)

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
JennW - I feel the same way....I am doing better than last time, but now I'm getting antsy! And the thought of potentially having to do the same thing over again - wait another three or four weeks before the responses even begin to come in... ::shudder:: I so hope it doesn't come to that.

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh tutter, tutter, tutter...we are in the same boat. I had an editor conference call almost 2 weeks ago - still waiting for the big-wigs to do their read-thru...ARGHHHHHHHH. Agent tells me there are other interested editors reading right now, and that just seems to jack-up my anxiety level.

Now where did I hide that chocolate covered valium???

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
Ummmm....chocolate covered valium. I actually just took a vikaden. Threw my back out yesterday while lifting boxes for the wife. Now I can be miserable and nervous AND bid ridden. Sometimes I think writers are just walking cliches. :)

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
@Mad--yes, let us indeed chat. An editor I find very promising emailed my agent on October 11, saying that she liked my MS, and just needed the week to finish it. My spider-sense tells me it's already November 4, and even after my agent checked in about two weeks ago, there's been nothing but silence.

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
@Mad--yes, let us indeed chat. An editor I find very promising emailed my agent on October 11, saying that she liked my MS, and just needed the week to finish it. My spider-sense tells me it's already November 4, and even after my agent checked in about two weeks ago, there's been nothing but silence.

I forgot that someone did this to me too - maybe two weeks ago. Said she was enjoying it but there were a few other things she was considering. Hmmm...

I swear, whatever they gave me during my surgery, killed my memory and concentration. I actually forgot my son's birthday Monday until the night before. while this is great for being on sub, it sucks in real life.

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
@dawnmiller--Jesus, sounds like exactly the thing I might need right now! Though I feel bad for your son. :)

Also, I wonder....should I PM you and see if we're dealing with the very same lady?

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
tutter - hope it feels better soon. bad backs are painful!

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanx Jenn! Vicodin's starting to kick in, so in a little while I might forget what exactly a back is.

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
Man, tutter, I feel for you. I've had 2 back surgeries and the last one went wrong, so I completely understand a bad back. Get some rest. Hope the Vicodin's helping. (Back? What back? I have a back?)

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Tutter, that's a shame. Waiting's always a pain somewhere and this adds injury to insult.
icon9.gif

I threw my back out playing volleyball (long time ago). Here's what worked for me: stay flat, long as you can. Use meds to relax the cramping. Use heat/ice as needed. When the pain goes away, very gently start exercising (ask your doc or google for the right kind of exercises). Most important, don't just exercise the back, but really concentrate on the stomach because strong ab muscles will help support your back and hopefully prevent future injuries.

Of course all that presupposes you strained a muscle or somesuch. If it's more serious (disks), that's another kettle of fish.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Groan, this is the thing I don't get. Surely editors know as well as we do that "I'll get back to you in a week" is wishful thinking -- if not a darn lie! I'd love it if the gods of the publishing world -- agents and editors all -- would simply provide some realistic time-frames. Or heck, maybe they could get jiggy with it. "I expect to be laid low with a flu and then have a server meltdown, after which I'll be moving the office and getting buried under an absolute ton of work! Buy some chocolate-covered valium and write another book. TTFN!"

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
I never found Vicodin worked for my back pain, though it did give me a nice buzz. So it was more like, I didn't care that my back hurt!

Best thing I ever did for my back was Pilates-based PT, three times a week, for 8 months.

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
Or heck, maybe they could get jiggy with it. "I expect to be laid low with a flu and then have a server meltdown, after which I'll be moving the office and getting buried under an absolute ton of work! Buy some chocolate-covered valium and write another book. TTFN!"
*Giggle*

Status
Not open for further replies.