The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes, you're in the right spot. Three out of five is great (and so is getting everyone to at least respond). Remember: keep querying while you wait.

We seem to post all sorts of other stuff here also, and no one seems to mind. No off-topic police on this thread. Maybe talking about other stuff makes it easier to deal with rejection and endless waiting.

Thanks, Hathor! Indeed, I sent out another couple of queries. Waiting is easier some days than others.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I swear, if one more magazine folds just as one of my works is to be published in it....

Years ago it was so easy to find magazines that would fit one of my stories or light verse or essays. Every year I could count on at least five of my works published. Now either the magazine has folded already or I get an email or letter stating "sorry, but your work won't be published because we're closing our doors" type of letter.

:Soapbox:

Okay. Now I can move on.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Can't. Stop. Laughing. Clown column, bro. Awesome.

I know. Obviously, she is the god figure of the book, who redeems him by her sacrifice, forgiveness, and love. ;)

If you haven't read it, Frederick Crews' Postmodern Pooh is hilarious. Got to love high-fallutin' lit analysis.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
clown. column. bro.

damn, that was a reach. Oof.

Carleree, sooooo excited!

Stormie - I know that some agents in NYC are starting a paper literary mag - Michelle Brower is at the head. Stay tuned.

Obviously, I'm waiting for everyone to read. Or respond. Or something. Maybe I've hypnotized them with the sheer awesomness of my work.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Tri!
icon12.gif

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(good luck to everyone who needs luck, my available limbs are crossed for all those who need crossing.)

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
*groan* My mentor is not digging the rewrite. :Headbang:

Ah, Dar, that's tough. You want more chocolate or some Yukon Jack?

Remember the line in the original Producers movie. When an audience member complains about the play, the writer remarks: "I'm the author. I outrank you."

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
DAR, just be patient. Plus, no one is all knowing, except me.

Smiley, hang in there.

Just got a request from an agent here on West Coast who doesn't take queries and isn't really sure she's right for it...all through the magic of twitter. I feel like a used car salesman. "I know. You do tend to go edgy and quirky. But you do have a gift for managing big imaginations and strong stories..." Hah!

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Polly! Woot!

Mentor is up to chapter 32 now, right in the thick of the new sub-plot. Haven't had any complaints since chapter 17. Perhaps I did something right after all.

Nail biting continues. She has 20 more chapters to go and she's super fast.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley, once you get to 100 rejections, they don't sting as much.

Polly, since you're all knowing, I'll have to come up with a list of questions for ya. Congrats on the request.

Dar, remember your mentor isn't an agent. Perhaps this would be less anxiety-provoking.

What is it...oh, an even-numbered day. Why do I like my writing then? I must be way off-schedule.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
No, she isn't an agent. But she has one. And she's a moderator on this forum. She knows a thing or two. She wouldn't be my mentor if she didn't
icon12.gif

Still no word on the last chapters though. That's the part I'm most concerned about. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.