Registered
Reaction score
I'd hope to meet you in another life
If this life's breath be not enough for sweetness of affection, taste
In death, not found, then resurrected for the seeking
I'd wish, impression, be made, everlasting
If not in life, love findeth, from death returneth, for the searching
Impossible, unsurpassable, unquenchable yearnings
My eyes, with tears, fill... I'm waiting, longing, hurting.
T'is unreachable, that which constantly I grasp for.
The sun, the moon, the stars... all things surpassed, by divine beauty's radiance.

I have a crappy memory and I'm pretty sure I wrote the above poem, but it's the one love poem I wrote that I question. I only vaguly remember writing something similarly formatted.

One clue that I wrote it was that I had to edit it a bit to improve the quality - some of the lines of the poem seemed a little clumsy to me.

I have already published this poem for free, and can't think of a way to authenticate it for a fact, but I don't want to discredit my every love poem. Has anyone read this poem before?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, are you asking whether you wrote this or whether someone else did?

And are you also saying that you've published it, but you're not even sure you wrote it yourself?

Congratulations - this is already the most bizarre thread I've ever seen in the Poetry Forum!

ajc

What do I know?
Registered
Reaction score
I love this! It seems surreal. Sometimes I wonder if I've done things like locked the door or put the milk away, never if I've written a poem (especially one I've had published).

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Funny how each line of that poem leads to the same Lip Service page on MySpace. Or maybe it's not so funny.

The poem was left in comment six of that thread / space / whatevertheycallit. It was posted by kbupdikejr. So, JeremiahJohnson, if you're KB, then it's your poem. If not, then no, it's someone else's. Unless they lifted from a third party, but my brain is going to seize if I think about this any more.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jeremiah...

I understand having a crappy memory. There are things in one's life and health that can cause a person to forget years of their life, let alone writing a poem. If this is your case, please consult a medical doctor. Your primary care physician may be able to help you figure out ways to manage your memory problems, if not restore your memory to you.

I can't help you with the verification of the poem. But, for the future I would suggest you keep your poems in two different places as soon as you write them. Put your just written poems in a folder on your desktop. Label the folder in a way that when you look at it, the name will jar your memory. Also, create a gmail account specifically for your poetry. When you complete a poem, email it to that gmail account. That way you have a sure way to keep your poetry straight from anyone else's you might run across and you can confirm you own the piece.

Good luck with this, Jeremiah. Memory problems rot.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
but...you are a blue mushroom. that's enough for me.