Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I say we all just go storm the gates and visit Ben...how many couches ya got?
Ummm... one.
Maryn, packing for her Scotland trip
Ummmm... did I mention that Scotland... is... ummm... on Fire?!

Only if Ben's paying. (But I'll bring caramel corn, Ben. Come on, say you will.)"
Can I have some time to think about it?

Ben, who can't quite bring himself to turn down Maryn's caramel corn...

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, if you want really good info on the Derby, you should go to www.bloodhorse.com. Incidentally Stay Thirsty was born on Man o'War's birthday.

I used to watch the races religiously every year. Not sure why I stopped. I didn't realize it was coming up so soon.

You all are lucky. I burn, I peel, Im white again, repeat.
and Im at the beach. I even got sunburn when I was in AK. But I deal...I wouldnt give up the Ocean for anything.

lol. (I'm the same) I love to hit the park in the summer but I have to wear a giant sun hat because I only turn a nice shade of red every year.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't made caramel corn since October, when the House of Love last gathered. It's too tasty and I shouldn't eat that sort of thing. Portion control? Ha!

Maryn, sweet tooth illustration in the dictionary

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Stay Thirsty has drawn post position four. I hope that doesn't mean he gets caught in a Derby traffic jam.
This place is really starting to buzz. The whole atmosphere has changed. You can feel the electricity in the air.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Grr, our son is like you. If he's out all day shirtless (just like you???) he can get a light burn, but nothing changes his essential pasty whiteness.

You know me so well. :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone. Lots on my plate today, none of it food. The plan is to sprinkle grass seed on the bare spots for the third freakin' time (washed away by rain twice), do massive amounts of laundry, and attempt to remove the wallpaper on the door with the super-chemical stuff and the heat gun. Please call 911 if you see smoke.

Maryn, not yet starting

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pardon my language: Fuck.

The super chemical-y stuff plus the heat gun is not doing the job. Can I just move?

Maryn, discouraged

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It may be too late. You have to keep the adhesive un-sticker wet, which means you apply some, wait, apply some more, wait. During one of the wait times I was diddling with my WIP, and all of a sudden I doubted how to spell the word people. (P-E-O, could that possibly be right?)

Maryn, whose brain is toast (if only we had Sassy's jam!)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sassandgroove makes homemade jam that's as good as any I've ever had. She uses way more fruit than, say, Smuckers, or the lady at the local farmer's market.

I had the pleasure of rediscovering a jar she gave me which I'd put in the cupboard because I already had a jar of the same flavor going. Then I forgot about it for months. Found it, and what a treat!

Maryn, salivating

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the wallpaper problems, Maryn, but at least you have jam.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my lovelies. It's Friday!

Orson Welles would have turned 96 today.

Maryn, movie buff

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...do massive amounts of laundry, and attempt to remove the wallpaper on the door with the super-chemical stuff and the heat gun. Please call 911 if you see smoke.
Maryn, not yet starting

*groan* Dangit, laundry. I knew I had something else I needed to do this weekend besides errands. I do love our local laundrymat though. It's clean, they have several TVs; it's kind of relaxing actually. Perfect place to bring a book. (or write one)

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, how are you fareing in the floods?

Sorry I missed this question, Sass. The floods have not affected me. To do that they would have to come higher than 1997's flood did, probably higher than the legendary flood of 1937. Thanks for asking.

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. Maryn, I share in your grass seed frustration, as I, too, am spreading it out for the 3rd freaking time. I'm also doing other random yardwork between the raindrops, so hopefully I can relax a little bit when I'm finished. Tomorrow we have a Mother's Day lunch and a law school graduation, so I need to get it all done today, even though tomorrow should be sunny. Or at least not rainy.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Acquired two more plants today, an astilbe and a coral bell. That makes a total of five. Roomie pulled up a dead tree for me. Perhaps next payday I will turn my attention to the sunny patches.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi y'all I am on my friend's iphone. Our phone is out so no interweb at home. :( thanks for the kind words about my jam. It is fun to make.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Acquired two more plants today, an astilbe and a coral bell. That makes a total of five. Roomie pulled up a dead tree for me. Perhaps next payday I will turn my attention to the sunny patches.

That reminds me, I don't know if any of you have seen this movie, but it's kind of sweet. Everyone is horribly dysfunctional but in an endearing way.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810097559/details

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds interesting but I'm not after perfection. I'll be happy if the plants don't curl up and die in protest at the sheer futility of life.

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds interesting but I'm not after perfection. I'll be happy if the plants don't curl up and die in protest at the sheer futility of life.

I'm with you - that's all I need them to do.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I've never had native plants before. Their sellers assured me these are easy to grow. It's been hard for me to resist the celosias. They were the first plant I ever had but I'm resolved to carry through with the native experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.