Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Usually I wouldn't be concerned... except the woman is, like, 86.

ETA: Para, coming from a girl whose grandmother has come too close to death for me to accept because of pneumonia, and whose grandfather died because he fell down the stairs in the rain, broke his hip, and got pneumonia... old people in the rain translates into certain death in my mind :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh shh, Tally.

Am plotting. Seriously wondering why there are not a lot of friendship orientated scenes at the moment.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Really, Lisa? :tongue

And it's the fact that it's only drizzling that makes me think people will get sick. Way easier to get sick in drizzle than downpour.

Plus! Last week my island flooded over 14 inches in under 3 hours. I can handle rain.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have 18 scenes!!!

I have no idea how many I want. Enough for the plot and subplots (nothing about families yet) and the friendship obvs.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Don't focus on a number. That will not work. Just follow the natural progression of the story.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Sorry about your grandparents, Tally. :(

I hate rain. Not only does it smell but it makes everything gloomy and depressing. It has been rainin on-and-off for the past couple of days and I only hope that the sun comes back out in time for graduation.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I love the rain, and the damp, icky weather. I love the cold. I love everything but this stupid island.

Sorry, guys, I'm basically having a claustrophobia attack from being stuck on this stupid island where I can't breathe with none of my friends and I can't even go out and try to have a life because everything is closed on Sundays and will be closed tomorrow for the stupid jubilee. I'm just going mad and can't breathe and want to fall asleep and never wake up right now.

I can't wait to live in Canada again. I miss fall leaves.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
anyone writing?

I'm trying to get back into previous wip and finish it. but the plot is a mess.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Choco! I'm plotting, but I'm stuck at the moment.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
anyone writing?

I'm trying to get back into previous wip and finish it. but the plot is a mess.

I have to write an essay. Haha. Not exciting but at least I'm writing. I have a wip that I was close to finishing but it really is sooo messed up. Part of me just wishes someone could read over it and tell me what to do to fix it...gahh.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
hi lisa and ely!

I'm sort of plotting because I'm trying to figure out how all these fragments might fit together. I'm stuck too, lisa. I really need to stop writing out of order...

and I feel that way too, ely. I wish I could just write stuff that worked beautifully and I knew exactly what to do to fix it (I don't). I don't understand how people can do it haha.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is my wip is beyond repair. The plot is bordering on the this-could-never-happen-in-real-life in, plus I fell victim to the HBC (Hot British Character) syndrome, my main character is super melodramatic and...there is a plot but I can't seem to make it work.

I honestly don't know how people do it either, choco. Sometimes I think of my favorite books and can't ever imagine them being crappy first drafts.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
hmmm... if you finished it I could try reading through and helping, ely. it might take a few weeks, though, 'cause it's almost final exams.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
hmmm... if you finished it I could try reading through and helping, ely. it might take a few weeks, though, 'cause it's almost final exams.

Thanks Tally. :)

I just...have no idea what to do with it. I don't even know if it's fixable. It is currently 33.1K and I have at least 22K more words to write until I reach my goal. Thinking maybe I should stop worrying about all of it's flaws and try to finish it the best way I know how.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like shoving loads of 80s stuff on the TPCL soundtrack (originally, I was going for all female). Most of my characters were born in the 90s...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how people do it either, choco. Sometimes I think of my favorite books and can't ever imagine them being crappy first drafts.

I'll join you in the insecure corner. Sometimes it really hits me what a mediocre writer I am. Then I sadface. *sadfaces*

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That's best. Just keep writing- you can change continuity, change whatever you want as you finish it, as long as you write the words as true as you can.

ETA: Neither of you are mediocre writers! Stop it!

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on in a few days, guys. Lots of family drama that pulled me away from the computer completely. And now today is my 20th birthday, yay!

But I am no longer a teenager. :<