Ok, so this was cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
Many months ago, I signed up with Constant Content. Back in October I put up an article which was accepted right off but remains unsold. I was just happy it wasn't rejected on the first try.

Then near the end of last year I put up another article that had been a sample I'd written for a gig I wasn't selected for. I tweaked it some and put it on Constant Content, but this one did get rejected because I had a pesky misplaced modifier (I do like that they have strict editing policies, though.)

Eh, okay, so I waited a while before putting it up again because I was afraid it would get rejected for something else. With their 3 strikes rule on rejections, I wasn't in a rush...The other day, I finally re-read and corrected it, and re-submitted it.

I got a notice this morning that my article was accepted then SOLD 16 minutes later for full rights!

I was shocked! I mean, not SHOCKED but I really didn't expect that! I understand this isn't normal, but I'm pretty proud that it sold just about as soon as it was posted.

I now have $35 for an unused, barely tweaked sample that I wrote off the cuff in about an hour.

I need to go back through my files now and see what else I can use and submit!

Liz Kelly

Registered
Reaction score
Constant Content is my favorite of the content sites, because I can set my price, and I can set what rights I want to sell.

No worries about page views, promotions or any of the other stuff that just takes time away from writing (another reason I love magazine work --just write it and sell it.)

Some articles will sit there a long time, but it's a nice feeling when you get these random emails that you've sold pieces for $20, $30, $40.

The more things you write up and have in your "store," the more you'll sell.

Congrats!

m3write1day

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I had never even heard of that site. I knew about all the others, but as someone pointed out they involve too much to really get going.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
I like that they have reasonable restrictions, and they make sure the pieces have substance to them. Their guidelines aren't overwhelming, and there is a lot of quality work put up on the site at reasonable prices. When I see so many well-written things on the market there, it makes me respect the company and the system.

Yes, they take a cut, but you can adjust the prices to absorb the 35%. It's not like it's beaucoup bucks, but it's better than I'd make a LOT of other places out there. Especially since I'm in control and get to write what I want and there are no deadlines.

And, especially now that I've sold something, it's my favorite. :) I've got to get on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.