Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm saying hello, but I don't wanna know what is going on here - so I am getting some dinner :D ;)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Hmmmm. I just got offered a opportunity for a paying writing job. Writing a blog for an online magazine. Not sure if I can do what they need, but I'm trying to get more information. If they have more openings, would anyone else here be interested? I don't know if the person in charge has to get a recommendation from the person who contacted me or what. But it can't hurt to ask, right?

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, happy 4th of July.

Sadly, my allergies have chosen today to kick back into high gear. I'm going to hit them with every weapon I have, which I don't like to do because I don't like to mix stuff. But this is my first July 4th here, and apparently it's a pretty big deal, so I want to be able to assure my disappointed rednecks that I did everything I could if I end up having to spend it in a dark room with a wet cloth over my face.

After having to do that on New Years, I'm starting to wonder whether maybe I'm allergic to American holiday celebrations.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
What can I say? I hate seeing happy people having fun so much my whole body rejects it.

:D

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
That's a generous offer, Vince. I might have to take you up on it, because it looks like that may be the only way I get to experience an American holiday.

See you for... Thanksgiving would be the next major one?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night was fun at work. Pretty much no customers. A 90-minute thunderboomer that flickered lights in the store and dropped golf-ball hail all over the place for roughly 15 of those minutes. And then the store behind us had about 7 firetrucks in its parking lot for roughly 3 hours (it's up the hill, so all we could see was the lights flashing in our windows, but nothing of what was happening).

And after all of that, all the local communities had their fireworks anyway--we could almost see one over the hill beyond the parking lot.

Glad it's over, anyway.

I'm not one much for holidays, particularly summer holidays. The only good thing about them is the extra pay (whether or not I work) and the excuse to grill.

Though I felt bad for one guy last night. He comes up to get a propane exchange. He's telling me that he had the steaks and corn on the grill and just ran out. And as I'm opening the cage (outside), the storm opens up on us. Totally sucks.

Today, I'm detangling my Peke's butt. *sigh* My life just keeps getting more exciting by the minute, y'know?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Little from column A, little from Column B.

Though I am off tomorrow, so this is like Friday and Monday combined. Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.