Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's no bad press fp. Just spell the name right. (Even if some think its too small )

Author's names are normally small on covers until said author has enough rep to sell books on name alone.

It's actually fun to watch covers for this phenomenon. You can tell how well an author's career is going for a publisher by how large their name is on the cover. Or am I the only one who's ever noticed that?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's actually fun to watch covers for this phenomenon. You can tell how well an author's career is going for a publisher by how large their name is on the cover. Or am I the only one who's ever noticed that?

Nope. This is a well-documented phenomenon. Eventually the really sauccessful authors sell books just by virtue of having their name on it. Most don't go so far as Tom Clancy, who's become a veritable brand, but yeah, you can tell.

:D

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Back from urgent care. It's a sprain. They gave her an air cast, (Basically a splint with gel packs in it) and crutches.

This could be considered a basketball injury. If you want to stretch the definition.

She was in her room, looking at basketball brackets that she'd put up on her wall last night. She took a step back and tripped over her blanket she'd left on the floor. She twisted and landed on her ankle badly.

She's got talent, that one.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I had seen the cat diary before - that's been around since 2000 - but the dog one is new to me. ANd sooo funny. :)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for her, Vince. Though there are times that a sprain is a bigger bother than a break. Hope things go well for her.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Hallo, all. How are we doing?

*pretends she hasn't been absent for months*

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Better and some not-so-good.

A friend's dog had problems over the weekend. All signs pointed to him having had a stroke: couldn't stand up well, had problems balancing/walking, was in constant pain. This is a rescue dog who had been very badly treated (nearly starved to death, mange, nasty stuff) that my friends have nursed back to full health and have had for the last 5-6 years. He's a great dog. They were expecting to have to put him down.

Take him to the vet. It's a slipped disc in his back. Steroids for two weeks might fix it completely. If not, there's an operation that will. They can afford the operation if it comes to that. The dog is already doing better on the medication--at least they don't have to hold him up for him to pee anymore.

Housemate takes Basement Cat to the vet this morning for her annual check-up. Cat has a mass on her belly that's almost guaranteed to be cancer. It probably hasn't metastasized, but it's hard to tell. Surgery is tomorrow, so hopefully they can get everything in one swoop. Cat is 12 yo and Housemate has had her since she was a wee kitten. Kinda tense around here now.

So very much fun, eh?

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Jeez, Deleyan, that's horrible. I hope the pets pull through but in all if things take a turn for the worst, at least they were well-loved. Of course, that sentiment doesn't help ease the pain much at the moment. I'm so very lucky that my dog was fine after she got hit by a car. Very, very lucky. *hugs*

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doggie hit by a car is a really nasty time too! Ish! Glad yours is doing well. How long ago was that?

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Happened a few months ago. She got some road rash and was shook up, but she was fine, thank god. She's a big dog and she managed to avoid going under the wheels.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tell the truth, Vince: Your real job is scanning the Interwebz for these pictures, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.