Status
Not open for further replies.

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
I've finished revisions for a requested R&R. With the submission comes instructions for a promotional plan and author bio. I have researched and written up a comprehensive plan, but have no idea what the format should look like. So I need advice in how to format. Also, when sending off a full manuscript snail mail style, should I use a large padded envelope, or a box?

Thank you ahead of time!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A box, but don't overdo it with the packaging. You don't have to tape it up with bubble wrap and all that.

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
Re the promotion plan, I was send an electronic document by mine - it has topic headers with boxes below to fill in. I guess as long as yours is neat and well-organised, it doesn't really matter how you format it. Maybe use bullet points where appropriate, so it's easy to skim through?

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
Thank you Alleycay and Anne. I like the box idea too. Anne, that sounds good. I have things sectioned out pretty well, so maybe I'm done? Wow, that can't be true! Thanks again!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you've willing to spend a little more to mail it, the post office will give you Priority Mail boxes for free. They come in various sizes.

SandraBeckwith

Helping authors promote
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.buildbookbuzz.com
For your promotional plan, use bullet points. Start with your goals, then list tactics, and the timing for each activity. It helps to categorize your tactics -- categories can range from "pre-publication," "launch period," and "post-launch" or you can categorize by tactic -- "online promotion," "offline media publicity," "radio & TV," "social media," "article marketing," etc.

Hope this helps!

Sandy

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
For your promotional plan, use bullet points. Start with your goals, then list tactics, and the timing for each activity. It helps to categorize your tactics -- categories can range from "pre-publication," "launch period," and "post-launch" or you can categorize by tactic -- "online promotion," "offline media publicity," "radio & TV," "social media," "article marketing," etc.

Hope this helps!

Sandy

I really think this is excellent advice. The only thing I would add concerns goals. In addition to listing them, I would briefly state why they are important and why/how they can increase sales and/or bring attention to your book.

Status
Not open for further replies.