College Students Writing For Teens

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
Just realized I fall into this category now. I just started school but I'm sort of old (in the low 20s lol) writing YA books that are probably more geared toward 17-20 year olds... sure that still counts as YA right? Ha ha.

Matches

Will exchange hugs for POG.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, I think it does, itsaplane. :) I've seen some places that the YA genre is geared toward 13-21 year olds (or around there, at least). Welcome to the thread!

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
My sister is turning 27 soon, and she still really likes YA books. Haha.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I know some oldies who still prefer to read YA books over adult books. I think I shall be one of them lol

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Bible 2.0 is fucking totally unpublishable.

Like, it's the most unpublishable POS I've ever written. Ever.

Also, this is why being a college aged writer sucks: Workshop.

valeriev89

Newbie and proud of it!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! I'm so glad I found this section :). I've just started my senior year in college so finding the time to write is going to be challenging, but I'm going to try my best! I usually do my writing in my dorm room (Single because I'm an RA thank God!) and I think I'll be reading YA books forever :)

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! I'm so glad I found this section :). I've just started my senior year in college so finding the time to write is going to be challenging, but I'm going to try my best! I usually do my writing in my dorm room (Single because I'm an RA thank God!) and I think I'll be reading YA books forever :)

I tried to make it to be an RA, but living on-campus had its drawbacks for me. I've got so much reading to do for school, I'll be reading less for leisure. But writing... ugh school.

I did plan on taking a college creative writing class, but Idk.

valeriev89

Newbie and proud of it!
Registered
Reaction score
There are definitely disadvantages to this job, but in the end it was worth it. And ugh I hate reading for school! It's never books that interest me and they always bore me to tears :'(.

If you're thinking about taking a creative writing class, I say go for it! I took poetry a year ago and had a lot of fun with it. This semester I'm taking a fiction one and I hope it's just as good if not better.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty much bored to tears with school reading. And I have a hard time retaining the information. Canceled class for me tomorrow because my professor's sick so maybe I can write this synopsis I'm dreading. I fucking hate writing synopses. *sigh*

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this for realz. :D

I'm a senior (4th year) uni student. How did that even HAPPEN? :eek:

I write in my dorm mostly. Sometimes in Starbucks. Sometimes in a bookstore. Sometimes a park. But mostly the dorm.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in my sixth year of college, with two more to go (and sadly, I won't have a PhD at the end of it. Maybe in the future, but we'll see). If I'm lucky, I may have my first manuscript finished by then.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
oh hai zombie thread.

I can't believe I'm already halfway done my first semester. :eek:

ceenindee

Registered
Reaction score
Can we sticky this thread? I don't post much but I like lurking. *feelsslightlylikeacreeper*

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to have found a home! Okay, so I graduated from college in May, but I'm not a teen, and I'm not what I'd consider old yet. So this seems like the best thread for me!

I'm considering going back for a master's if I don't find a steady job soon. Does that count for something? :D

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread! Finally something for college writers!

I'm working right now on a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. What are ya'll working on?

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to have found a home! Okay, so I graduated from college in May, but I'm not a teen, and I'm not what I'd consider old yet. So this seems like the best thread for me!

I'm considering going back for a master's if I don't find a steady job soon. Does that count for something? :D

Definitely! (I'm working on a master's now, anyways :)