UNSCRAMBLE THAT WORD!

woozy

I'm the nude girl; not the creature
Registered
Reaction score
If I had actually known the lyrics your clues would have been really good!

Okay. I'll do the next one.

LEADEN ERASER / LAVA IPA

1. A name / General description
2. Technically a redundancy / Not really a redundancy (bad and incorrect clue)
3. One of the scrambled words is a synonym for the word it replaced.
4. I saw five of these today and my friend and I made use of three of them.
5. sprogspasser, because of his location, may be at a disadvantage for this one. Alexisherself? ... I don't really know her life style. These may only be common where I live and I haven't told anyone here where that is. Still I think this are pretty common throughout the U.S. but it may be a left coast thing.

More hints later.

Last edited:

woozy

Registered
Reaction score
LEADEN ERASER / LAVA IPA

5. sprogspasser, because of his location, may be at a disadvantage for this one. Alexisherself? ... I don't really know her life style. These may only be common where I live and I haven't told anyone here where that is. Still I think this are pretty common throughout the U.S. but it may be a left coast thing.
6. Remember my scamble that was SOURDOUGH BREAD? Well, this isn't sourdough bread. It has something that sourdough bread doesn't have.
7. from the Neddiad by Daniel Pinkwater. "The Marsh Brothers ... were sort of substitute, imitation Marx Brothers-- they did the same sort of things as the Marx Brothers only not as well. Their names were Gaucho, Harpy, Chicklet, and Gumball... They were funny, but not all that funny."

So if I were to make up fake names for a fake Marx Brother quartet I'd use the names Fresno, Frisco, Chico and SanJo. Oh, wait. One of those is legit. Well, that's the only part of this clue that is.

8. Snowy Mountains, hop to it.
9. Two of the words rhyme. They othere two aren't in English.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I know it has something to do with San Francisco or the San Francisco Bay Region.

However, I've never been to San Francisco, so all I can think of are the landmarks: Golden Gate, Alcatraz, Transamerica Pyramid, Berkeley and the museum. The snowy mountains could be the Coast Mountains that lay to the north and I have no idea what lays just east of there other than the San Fernando Valley.

LEANER ASAVAI / PALE RED

woozy

Registered
Reaction score
LEADEN ERASER / LAVA IPA

6. Remember my scamble that was SOURDOUGH BREAD? Well, this isn't sourdough bread. It has something that sourdough bread doesn't have.
7. from the Neddiad by Daniel Pinkwater. "The Marsh Brothers ... were sort of substitute, imitation Marx Brothers-- they did the same sort of things as the Marx Brothers only not as well. Their names were Gaucho, Harpy, Chicklet, and Gumball... They were funny, but not all that funny."

So if I were to make up fake names for a fake Marx Brother quartet I'd use the names Fresno, Frisco, Chico and SanJo. Oh, wait. One of those is legit. Well, that's the only part of this clue that is.

9. Two of the words rhyme. They other two aren't in English.
10. If you ran out of this product would you announce an amber alert?

woozy

Registered
Reaction score
LEADEN ERASER / LAVA IPA

5. sprogspasser, because of his location, may be at a disadvantage for this one. Alexisherself? ... I don't really know her life style. It's available everywhere in the United States but it is probably most popular on the left half of the continent.

9. Two of the words rhyme. They other two aren't in English.
10. It's a commercial product.
11. If you ran out of this product would you anounce an amber alert?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
VEER ABACUS / BUCKYLET / FLOOR / JAILTNNINE ROLL

1. Name of Artist / Artist Name / Song / Name of Artist Group

As a bonus:

2. The focus here is firsts
3. If I were to name this highway, not only would it give away the name of the group but it would also give away what this was a first in.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

3. If I were to name this highway, not only would it give away the name of the group but it would also give away what this was a first in.
4. Gary Numan wrote a song about one of his passions. While he may have not been able to get one of these particular ones, given where he was from, the sentiment was shared across the pond.

Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

4. Gary Numan wrote a song about one of his passions. While he may have not been able to get one of these particular ones, given where he was from, the sentiment was shared across the pond.
5. The name of the song is scrambled poorly on afterthought. Technically of course. Anyways, just like the scramble, it too is a word. However, the only other real word is in the name of the artist group. Otherwise every other word in this scramble are proper nouns.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

5. The name of the song is scrambled poorly on afterthought. Technically of course. Anyways, just like the scramble, it too is a word. However, the only other real word is in the name of the artist group. Otherwise every other word in this scramble are proper nouns.
6. If you take a moment to think what the CERN facility apparatus is, you will get a good idea of what the artist name is.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

6. If you take a moment to think what the CERN facility apparatus is, you will get a good idea of what the artist name is.
7. The name of the artist may have been related to a dietician. Maybe.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

8. The song name is an adjective, a verb, and an order.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

9. One two, buckle my shoe. . .

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

10. William Gibson and Neal Stephenson wrote books and stories with this topic in mind. The genre they either labeled their works with or were pigeonholed into developed at the same time of this artist and is reflected so in the artist name.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

10. William Gibson and Neal Stephenson wrote books and stories with this topic in mind. The genre they either labeled their works with or were pigeonholed into developed at the same time of this artist and is reflected so in the artist name.
11. The Beast did not leave the castle in any renditions that I have seen or read, but if he did go out to fight Gaston, where would he have fought?

woozy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm certainly stuck.

Well, this would be CARS but what kind of car is only available in America?

And that's a CYCLOTRON...

No friggin' idea.

For some reason I'm drawing blanks on adjective verbs (idle, comes to mind. As well as fast.) Order, meaning vocative tense, is strange to specify as in English we don't distinguish between verb and "order" ("stay" vs. "Stay!"?) so maybe order means cardinal order such as n-th, but that doesn't make sense either.

So, you *are* counting....

That'd be CYBERPUNK. So something between CYBERPUNK and CYCLOTRON. CYBERTRON? That's the transformers home planet... Is this some Transformers reference???

11. The Beast did not leave the castle in any renditions that I have seen or read, but if he did go out to fight Gaston, where would he have fought?
La Bois??? Huh? Was Gaston in *any* version other than the Disney one? La Roue???

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
4. Where are cars made in America? Answering this will name the highway.

6. Correct. Mesh it with 10. Just bring it to 8 letters.

7. Think fad diet from the previous decade.

8. It's a bit oblique, but in the song it is clear. Maybe not so good a clue.

9. For one word, that is.

10. Refer to 6.

11. Eh, I can only think of the Disney one, to be honest. But don't be literal, be a bit silly with this one.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
JUAN ATKINS / CYBOTRON / CLEAR / BELLEVILLE FOUR

The song came out in 1982, making it the first techno tune to be called so. Juan Atkins, the man behind Cybotron, lived in Belleville, Michigan on the Detroit Industrial Expressway (I-94). He and his friends, Kevin Saunderson, Jeff Mills and Derrick May to create the so-called Belleville Four to spearhead techno and made techno a peculiarity of Detroit for the next six years until it broke out in 1988 in such places as the UK, Belgium and Germany.

Belle+ville? Get it? No? All right, I'm out of here.

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad...I was getting ready to make a jab at a group named Bunnutroll Eels