Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist anti-gay protestor) on death bed (Updated - died 19 March 2014)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I like this, which I saw on Twitter this morning: Apparently Westboro Baptist Church was doing their usual outside a Lorde concert, and across the street was this.

Know what I'd like to see at his funeral? Two choruses, one gay, one military, singing appropriate works in a respectful way.

Maryn

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And, that 'counter-protest' banner is nicely produced, not just spontaneously scrawled on scrap-paper with a marker. They obviously thought of this ahead of time. Good People!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if he painted up a sign and picketed Heaven because it is too soft? I can just see the sign-- "Fred Hates God!"

Didn't the last being who argued with how God was running things end up in charge of Hell? I'll bet he doesn't want Fred either.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
The First Westboro Baptist Counter-Protest of the Post-Phelps Era

Nicely Done!

---

Maybe someone lopped off the word "not" from the end of the sign.

Or not. :D

Really, the best way to deal with the passage of this ex-piece of human detritus is to never mention his name again, never mention the names of those who believed as he did, and ignore them for the media whores they are. If there were any way to erase his name from the pages of history, you can bet that I'd do it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
---

Really, the best way to deal with the passage of this ex-piece of human detritus is to never mention his name again, never mention the names of those who believed as he did, and ignore them for the media whores they are. If there were any way to erase his name from the pages of history, you can bet that I'd do it.

But it can be so much fun to poke them with a stick and watch them foam at the mouth. :e2poke:

Same as when we were kids and found something icky and couldn't help poking it with a stick. Okay, I'm juvenile, I admit it.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Really, the best way to deal with the passage of this ex-piece of human detritus is to never mention his name again, never mention the names of those who believed as he did, and ignore them for the media whores they are.

Yes. They deserve obscurity, not notoriety. "Fred who?"

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score

Yes. They deserve obscurity, not notoriety. "Fred who?"

Yes. 'Cause look at how well that worked for Harry Potter. :sarcasm

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Except that 'Fred who?' seems to be the reaction of the current Westboro Elders.

If his own "church" now treats him as a nonperson, that seems like poetic justice to me.

Back in my salad days, I used to write this MST3K treatment of various bizarre fundamentalist websites - the crazier the creed, the better. I did sixty of them, and was occasionally asked to skewer Westboro's, but just the thought of looking through their site turned my stomach.