Oh no! Now there's a Bindi Irwin doll!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I sometimes wonder if she's doing all this because she loves it or because her father loved it.
...Or because she's a marketing symbol for generating loads of money for her family and handlers and television networks and toy companies and whatever other monetary-seeking entities that seek to profit from her.

It's hard to tell.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Bindi is a rare talent for the camera, just like her dad. I always had the feeling that Steve wanted her to be a kid first though. She's in a very tough situation because after her speech at Steve's farewell, it seems she was appointed by all as the one to continue his work. Not her Mum.

I think so far they have shielded her fairly well from the limelight whilst keeping the name alive through selected business activities. There has been a fair bit of grief between Steve's father and Terri over here about the direction of the business with Irwin Senior cutting all ties. It's going to be a tough road for the kids and I hope they come out of it okay.

JJ

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
...Or because she's a marketing symbol for generating loads of money for her family and handlers and television networks and toy companies and whatever other monetary-seeking entities that seek to profit from her.

It's hard to tell.

Yeah, that's kinda' what I was also trying to get at but you said it much better!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
She's being used. Steve isn't around to provide the income he did from all his television appearances, so they're pushing Bindi into that spotlight.

I just hope they don't screw her up and she becomes another child star tragedy.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
She's being used. Steve isn't around to provide the income he did from all his television appearances, so they're pushing Bindi into that spotlight.

Should we start a pool on when she shows up on the cover of Vanity Fair? Or am I already too late with this idea?

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The Bindi "brats" doll is coming soon!

Wait until they put the doll into fishnet stockings!:roll:

(Just writing that sent shivers up my spine - and no - NOT that way!)[:gone: I'll just leave now...]

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a mixture. It's because what she really enjoys doing and it's because it's what her father would have loved.

I don't see her appearing nude any time soon due to the fact her limelight isn't based around her sexuality but rather over the love of animals and the pain of losing her father.

I don't see her going wild and crazy like a lot of the teen stars, in fact if I had to guess, I'd say she's one of the lucky ones.

She's been on TV since she was in her mom's belly, it was destined whether her father died or not.

Now she has a legacy to carry, and I do believe part of that is her own choosing. I don't see her situation as bad as say Shirley Temple, and again, Shirley Temple was one of the more fortunate ones.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score

It's hard to tell.

That child has always struck me as a manipulated machine. But then I was no fan of Irwin's, either. A Vanity Fair cover will be next, no doubt. Don't care for any of the family, never did. Taunting critters and ramming lawnmowers at crocodiles isn't my idea of compassion for animals. But hey, it makes money, and Good TV. So then, it's all okay.