Seriously? THIS is what our Senate has made its priority right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hV4mOJQgUsQthrydU_Vty4iVgC5gD9759GG00

We have a budget before the senate that will expand the national deficit to $11 trillion dollars.

We have a president who has decided that his mandate is to rewrite every single social contract in federal legislation.

We are still at war.

The US and world economies are teetering on the brink of collapse, and every day another company comes, hat in hand, begging for billions of dollars to stay afloat.

Is *NOW* really the time the US Senate should hold hearings on how College Football seeds its bowl games?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hV4mOJQgUsQthrydU_Vty4iVgC5gD9759GG00

We have a budget before the senate that will expand the national deficit to $11 trillion dollars.

We have a president who has decided that his mandate is to rewrite every single social contract in federal legislation.

We are still at war.

The US and world economies are teetering on the brink of collapse, and every day another company comes, hat in hand, begging for billions of dollars to stay afloat.

Is *NOW* really the time the US Senate should hold hearings on how College Football seeds its bowl games?

I guess you don't understand how unjust the current bowl seeding system is. I, for one, am glad they've finally got their priorities right. ;)

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
The modern day equivalent to fiddling, I believe.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps if they spent all their time legislating sporting events we'd be better off.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I guess you don't understand how unjust the current bowl seeding system is. I, for one, am glad they've finally got their priorities right. ;)

Actually, LOL, the best quote I've heard on this is "Better this THAN the economy!"

So, good point.

I like the idea of having a 64 team tournament -- with each game of the tournament being held at a bowl location, with similar seeding like the basketball tourney: every conference gets one entry, high ranked schools get an automatic bid, and any other team can play their way in by being the best school around.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps if they spent all their time legislating sporting events we'd be better off.

Agreed. Maybe the NFL commission should handle matters of state. They'd likely do a better job.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we need a cabinet level Secretary of Sports. . . . if they can find anyone who's paid their taxes to be secretary.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we need a cabinet level Secretary of Sports. . . . if they can find anyone who's paid their taxes to be secretary.
Someone that has paid their taxes and hasn't taken steroids (or at least never lied about it).

I think I might be qualified...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Agreed. Maybe the NFL commission should handle matters of state. They'd likely do a better job.

Yeah, no shit. "Salary caps for coaches and CEO's. Premium health insurance for all players and workers. Who votes we eliminate the "no cheap hits against politicians?"

"AYE"

"Passed. Gentlemen, the bar is open."

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'll ring in with my usual "This is stupid, AND unconstitutional."

I haven't gotten a reprieve from that song in months, except for Michelle and her garden.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Well, I'll ring in with my usual "This is stupid, AND unconstitutional."

I haven't gotten a reprieve from that song in months, except for Michelle and her garden.
Truth be told, there already IS a vegetable garden at the White House. It's on the roof and was put in during Bill Clinton's time (and no, this isn't a lead-up to a Gore joke).

So, you jumped for joy over a photo op...

Status
Not open for further replies.