Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I'd missed that at whatever point, Vince. Then I hope it works for you. It's not something I'd do, personally, but whatever flips your flop.

Happy Not-Monday, peoples!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to work tonight (thankfully--I'll miss all the political BS Housemate will be watching), then I have two days off. :D It's a good Not-Monday.

I'm even getting some of the handwritten notes for Paar typed into the computer this morning.

Brian_G

Sir Brian the Fabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Illinois, where our governors make our license pla
I get to go into work late today*, so it is a pretty good not-Monday for me as well.

*I have to take a coin collection in for appraisal this morning. The place is much closer to my home than the office, and they don't open until 9:00. I usually would be at the office by now, but instead I am sitting on my couch still in my pajamas.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
High winds here. I have to take down anything that can blow over outside. :(

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
IE the Voice, I like the show and would watch it to watch it, but I'd probably dvr it cause no one else likes it.

Writing it is kinda fun, but it's more work than I realized because you want to get it in as quickly as possible, so it's up the next day. I just hope I get some traffic because of it. She lets me put on my sig for the review about the book itself and my web site.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
IE the Voice, I like the show and would watch it to watch it, but I'd probably dvr it cause no one else likes it.

Writing it is kinda fun, but it's more work than I realized because you want to get it in as quickly as possible, so it's up the next day. I just hope I get some traffic because of it. She lets me put on my sig for the review about the book itself and my web site.

I've read it a couple of times. But for some reason today I am only get "Feb 6th", unless the date at the top is wrong. ???

It's early and I'm unfocused. Sorry Vince.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My only question is: Is the audience of The Voice people who are likely going to be interested in your book? Are you writing your reviews in a style that reflects your fiction writing?

I ask because I don't like those kinds of shows, however I also have never really liked YA books (even when I was a YA). My daughter exclusively reads YA, but she doesn't like shows like that. Limited experience and input leads to the question.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
My only question is: Is the audience of The Voice people who are likely going to be interested in your book? Are you writing your reviews in a style that reflects your fiction writing?

I ask because I don't like those kinds of shows, however I also have never really liked YA books (even when I was a YA). My daughter exclusively reads YA, but she doesn't like shows like that. Limited experience and input leads to the question.

I think The Voice appeals to younger people. Not all people who would read my stuff, but certainly some.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think The Voice appeals to younger people. Not all people who would read my stuff, but certainly some.

Cool beans. I just wondered because that's a whole pile of work to be doing if there's no payoff. Unless, of course, you're enjoying it, which is payoff enough. *shrug*

This is why I suck at self-promotion.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Just came in to say hello and to whine.

Waaah. Don't feel good.

OK. Can crawl back into bed now.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, no.

Just some.

Including one who thought he could hand in his girlfriend's paper as his own, and somehow I would not notice. (She's my student, too.)

:e2smack:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thank you. I've brought my laptop into bed. That way when I feel compelled to check in, I can stay under the covers.

Need someone to bring me herbal tea and soup, though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got tea.

Could probably whip up some soup once I get home, too.

Getting it to you may prove difficult, however.

(You know, it's the 21st century. Where's the robot butler we were all promised??)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the personal jetpacks, too.

They do have those funny little self-vacuuming things. What are they called, roombas or something like that? (too much effort to google). I want one of those.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Various commemorative sets. Moat weren't worth much, but a few were near $1000, because they were gold

Yeah, I've heard that before. It's a big thing now that gold is so high in price.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the personal jetpacks, too.

*THIS*

They do have those funny little self-vacuuming things. What are they called, roombas or something like that? (too much effort to google). I want one of those.

Yup, that would be them. I want one, too, but it would drive my cat insane. Well, more so, anyway.

Won't bring you soup, though.

:e2bummed:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Various commemorative sets. Moat weren't worth much, but a few were near $1000, because they were gold

Cool. I don't collect anything like that, but the collections themselves have always fascinated me.

Wish I had $1000 in gold lurking around. Not that it would go very far these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.