PoC Historical People

Status
Not open for further replies.

I survived

Registered
Reaction score
If you really want to push the controversal button how about Budha, Jesus, and Abraham

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Cleopatra (before/between marriages)

She was Greek by heritage... Last Egyptian, Egyptain Pharaoh was King Tut...

I always had a thing for the Chevalier de Saint-George, renowned swordsman composer, conductor, and violinist in France during the second half of the 18th century. I don't know enough about his personal life to know if he would be available or not, but he was a hottie.
He never married. He seems pretty cool too. Smart and artistic as well has the whole Knight thing to him.

If you really want to push the controversal button how about Budha, Jesus, and Abraham
In another story I'm writing Santa Claus as Turkish (like the original Saint Nicholas was) and having another Santa be black. (Which is Saint Martin.) I'm sure that'll make people upset... but it's true. Santa should be Turkish--which I'm sure would make the racist White Christians very, very wary... Haha.

Last edited:

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Does Lebanese count as POC? In that case my first pick would be Kahlil Gibran.
This is an oil painting of him at 25.
And that's besides the fact that he's Kahlil Gibran.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for Hongi Hika. He was a Maori chief back when NZ was first being settled. I don't agree with every stand he took, but I always really liked that he seemed to love and respect his (blind) wife so much. Fierce warrior with a secret heart of gold anyone?
Obviously I'd have to get in there before she arrived on the scene though :)

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Not really. Current studies put her as the daughter of a Nubian concubine, which is why she was so popular with the "common" people.
Eh~ Wikipedia says she was daughter of Cleopatra IV? (With reference). I guess her mother is up for debate. That would be something to ask her. Or if they find her tomb to genetically test for.

BTW, Lebanese is definitely PoC. And he was pretty good looking back then. There is a window before his marriage proposal/meeting that could fit.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
My Google-Fu is failing spectacularly, but I'm almost certain that there was a noted Elizabethan painting, of someone who would certainly fit the criteria, in one of the Taschen books - not a commoner, plucked from obscurity, but a prominent member of society at the time. I'll keep hunting when I have time...

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
Mansa Musa, at least as he's drawn in the book I read :)

Flicka

Dull Old Person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theragsoftime.com
He never married. He seems pretty cool too. Smart and artistic as well has the whole Knight thing to him.

He's sometimes called 'the black Mozart'. A sword-wielding, musketeer-style musician, who's smart and good-looking... That just ticks all my boxes. :)

In another story I'm writing Santa Claus as Turkish (like the original Saint Nicholas was) and having another Santa be black. (Which is Saint Martin.) I'm sure that'll make people upset... but it's true. Santa should be Turkish--which I'm sure would make the racist White Christians very, very wary... Haha.

Well, enough of them seem to overlook that Jesus and the Apostles were all Jewish...

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
He's sometimes called 'the black Mozart'. A sword-wielding, musketeer-style musician, who's smart and good-looking... That just ticks all my boxes. :)

Well, enough of them seem to overlook that Jesus and the Apostles were all Jewish...
Don't forget that Jesus was part African too--he was part Egyptian on Mary's side. I'm writing that into the story too.

Adelaide

Registered
Reaction score
Huey Newton for sure late 60s. I don't know if he was with someone at the time.

Paul Robeson (Rutgers days or anything thereafter)

Langston Hughes ca. 1920 - he might've been gay and I am a woman, but we can eschew that for now

Jean-Michel Basquiat ca. his heydey, before he died, etc

the guy who played bass on Crosby Stills Nash and Young's album Deja Vu. He was like 19 at the time and gorgeous!

Sam Cooke basically up to his time of death

Status
Not open for further replies.