writing a bio

jasonbwell

mercy street
Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang. I just found out today that I'm getting published (a-woooooo hoooo). The press would like a bio, what kind of things should I include?

thanks

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Congrats on the publication, hun, and welcome to poetry end of the cooler.

May seem like a silly question (been as you've posted this in the poetry section), but poetry is your publishing poison, right?

If it is, have you had a nose through the bios of other writers from that publishers? Sometimes it's the quickest way to learn. If it's your first time being published, don't be afraid to ask the publisher either.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
A Bio Thread?

JasonBWell & Fallen started this thread and when I took a peek at it, I started thinking that this might be kind of a cool place to practice writing our own bio for THAT DAY when we're asked to submit one for our new book, or for the anthology we're a contributor. Whatever the need, it's good to take an inventory of where you are with your own history of submissions and accomplishments, or just the events that have yet to contribute to where you are as a writer. By practicing to write your bio, you'll have it down pat when you need one quick and by posting them online, in the poetry thread, you give your friends and family here at AW a chance to know you better and to appreciate our different backgrounds.