The Girlie Thread

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I need a day off from motherhood. Or just an hour? Shit - just let me have 30 minutes. Or twenty? I'll even take ten minutes. PLEASE![/quote]I understand completely. Use to have days like that when my youngest step-son was still at home...

...wish I could give you time-off but unfortunately it is not in my power to do so but here's a :Hug2:, hope it helps alittle.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I just sent my five year old to his room. He's been completely unreasonable today. First, he wouldn't come down stairs unless I carried him. He sat at the top of the stairs crying until I caved. He cried for twenty minutes because I didn't have his favorite flavor of oatmeal. Then he cried for another fifteen minutes because his favorite shark T-shirt was in the laundry. Another twenty minutes of crying because he didn't want to go to the bathroom by himself. Then he asked me to draw godzilla so he could color it in. Five versions later he is still crying because I'm not doing it right. I tried to distract him with play-do. He started crying becuse the blue play-do was hard.

I've taken his temp. He's not sick. He had a good long sleep last night. He just seems to have gotten out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I sent him to his room because he kicked the dog. He kicked the dog because he licked his hand.

I need a day off from motherhood. Or just an hour? Shit - just let me have 30 minutes. Or twenty? I'll even take ten minutes. PLEASE!

I can't give you good advice since I don't have children, but I can give you a hug. I don't know what you already do with him, but one idea - can you teach him to draw Godzilla himself? Maybe that'll distract him.

Good luck.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Guess what? I made stir fry for dinner and last night my husband not only cleaned his plate, he said, "You can make this again."

*falls over*
Mel, you are such a better woman than me. I'm very glad hubby was happy. If my hubby said I "can" make something again, I would feel like I was being given permission, like it was something fun I get to do, I would so be mad at him. I hope your husband appreciates what a loving and patient wife you are.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Mel, you are such a better woman than me. I'm very glad hubby was happy. If my hubby said I "can" make something again, I would feel like I was being given permission, like it was something fun I get to do, I would so be mad at him. I hope your husband appreciates what a loving and patient wife you are.

He means it in a nice way. One thing I have to remind myself is English isn't his first language and every now and then things come out worse than he intends.

Thanks for your support. :D

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
2. Sounds like you cater to his every whim.

Word.

Dol, you're letting your kid run your house. Granted kids do have bad days, we all do, but kicking the dog?? That's harsh. Sending him to his room is a start, but I imagine that's where all his toys are.

I've got a 5 year old and whining or crying gets him nothing, and he's told that every time he tries it. It usually works, but he had a major temper tantrum last week. First one ever. He didn't want what I was making for dinner and screamed at the top of his lungs.

He went to the corner and while he was there I cleaned out his room. No toys, no action figures, no blocks. Nothing left but books. If he does it again, he loses them all. Period. I've thrown stuff out before so he knows I'm not joking, and I will stick to my guns.

The only way to teach them how to behave, is to enforce rules. By caving, you've taught your kid to whine and cry to get what he wants.

You've got to make rules for yourself and stick to them. No caving, no catering. Doesn't like your Godzilla, he gets to draw his own. Period. Self-imposed rules are tough, but it's the only way to modify those behaviors. And they will change. It will take a few weeks, but he'll catch on.

Just stick to those guns. You can do it. :)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
He means it in a nice way. One thing I have to remind myself is English isn't his first language and every now and then things come out worse than he intends.
I know, but still, he is soooooo lucky to have you.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Ha ha, I'm trying not to invade the girly thread, but there is some interesting stuff going on in here today. :tongue

If my hubby said I "can" make something again, I would feel like I was being given permission, like it was something fun I get to do, I would so be mad at him.

That's a very common attitude that exists today. It's roots are in feminism.

The truth? He's a guy. it was a compliment. he wasn't trying to control her.

When we want to control you, we don't give you compliments. We make you feel like shit.

(just some food for thought for future knowledge)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Please James, you don't know the back story of what she has gone through to cook something up to his taste.

And I get that my husband is a guy, but thank god it is important to him to know what I'll take as a compliment and what I'll take as a slight. If Mel doesn't take it as a slight, great, but I think a lot of women would, so that is why I'm saying he is lucky to have her.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
If my hubby said I "can" make something again, I would feel like I was being given permission, like it was something fun I get to do, I would so be mad at him. I hope your husband appreciates what a loving and patient wife you are.

Yeah, I thought that first, but then I thought what if he meant like,

"You can make THIS again!!!!"

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Another swipe at feminism, James? What's your gripe with equal rights for women? Or are you just in the mood for an argument today?

Don't have a gripe with equal rights for women.

I just think that feminism has gone way off base of it's original intentions. ;)

Please James, you don't know the back story of what she has gone through to cook something up to his taste.

And I get that my husband is a guy, but thank god it is important to him to know what I'll take as a compliment and what I'll take as a slight. If Mel doesn't take it as a slight, great, but I think a lot of women would, so that is why I'm saying he is lucky to have her.

It has nothing to do with back story. Believe it or not, when we guys talk, we don't carefully pre-select every word for it's hidden meanings. If a guy has a happy face and is rubbing his tummy, patting his head, and telling you that you can make that again, he is giving you a compliment. If he has a frowny face when he says it, then, yes, perhaps he is lording over you. lol

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Mel, at any rate, I'm happy that something finally pleased him! I know you were beginning to feel pretty hopeless and doubting your cooking abilities. So, yay Mel! We're happy for you!!!

So, are there any leftovers? I'm starving.

;)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What a dumba$$ I can be sometimes...maybe that is why he doesn't pay me very many compliments(????) Anyone understand this? Why do I immediately become suspicious? I don't understand me sometimes at all. I automatically thought -Ok, what do you want? Thats terrible, isn't it? Does anyone else ever do this?

I hear ya....I used to be that way. "You couldn't possibly think I'm hott"..... when I see the ass you see, and when I see it I see flabby butt and cellulite, yet you see this marvelous creation that you can't wait to squeeze.

Go figure.

Walk around naked. If you don't already. Stare at your body. Like your body. Like that he likes your body. The famous line that I just wanna smack the sayer of, but it's true...."be comfortable in your skin".

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Tink, I'm the same way.

My Hubby gets irritated because he can't even pay me a compliment on my looks at all without me getting defensive.

I wish I knew how women became so secure and confident.

I can't walk around naked. Might devastate the children.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Do it after 9:00 pm. :p
:D

I'd be scared one of 'em would get up to potty or get water or something.

I tried to sleep naked once in my room, locked door and everything, but I couldn't do it. I felt retarded!

I'm such a dork!!!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score

I'd be scared one of 'em would get up to potty or get water or something.

I tried to sleep naked once in my room, locked door and everything, but I couldn't do it. I felt retarded!

I'm such a dork!!!

Not knowing your personal feelings on your body, I can't really offer advice, I have know idea what you do already, and what you don't do. But I'll offer my 2 cents - to anybody who needs it - start off by lounging in your panties. And a tank or something. Get used to your lower half being "out there". If you can do dishes, or strut around, in your panties, and feel comfortable, it helps your self image I think.

If you're large up top, when you get home, take that bra off. Let'm loose. Learn to like seeing your body when it's not perfectly formed by your clothing.

Touch yourself. Caress your self. Feel yourself. I don't mean, go to the closet and pleasure yourself, well unless you want to, but FEEL your body. Feel your curves, know your curves. Like your curves. Like you.

It's a start.

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score

I'm such a dork!!!

Oh, and don't worry, I can't sleep naked either. I can walk around naked, but when it comes to bed time....I need to be in my shell. Maybe it has something to do with living in SoCal and the chance of an earthquake sending me into the courtyard with nothin on....who knows. But I sleep best in my boyshorts and a tank. Oh yea. Bed. I'm so sleepy.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Touch yourself. Caress your self. Feel yourself. I don't mean, go to the closet and pleasure yourself, well unless you want to, but FEEL your body. Feel your curves, know your curves. Like your curves. Like you.

It's a start.
You are my hero. Seriously. I wish I could do that, and I could try. I just am not happy with my body right now. I don't want to start smoking again to lose the weight I gained, but I can't stand the extra pounds. I've never been a fan of my body (which was a mistake, I look back in pictures and think, holy heck! I was hot! but I didn't think so at the time) and I WANT to like the way I look. I really, really do. This is something I need to work on, a lot.

Oh, and don't worry, I can't sleep naked either. I can walk around naked, but when it comes to bed time....I need to be in my shell. Maybe it has something to do with living in SoCal and the chance of an earthquake sending me into the courtyard with nothin on....who knows. But I sleep best in my boyshorts and a tank. Oh yea. Bed. I'm so sleepy.
Ha, maybe! And I do sleep in shorts and a tank in the summer.