Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very good to see you in the Castle, Kaylea. :)

I hope you will stick around and enjoy yourself.

I am going to go rest. I am exhausted for some reason.

Later, Royals.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Kay!
*drops bag of light bulbs and brass fittings*
*tackles Kay*

Oh, just wait till you see how I've redecorated. *drags her down to the dungeon*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found a personal serving wench for our King, along with a seafood place I think he might enjoy the castle kitchen staff ordering from tonight. :D

She's not quite my type... and I'm not a big fan of lobster.

But it's the thought that counts, right?

:D

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I said "in touch."

Not "touchin'"

Please note the proper word order there.

:D

Ohhh, 'in touch'. Like Ma' Bell.

You're going to make me post that "It's Me Again, Margaret" video again, aren't you?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my King.

Good morning, dear Royals.

I am a bit swamped with the contest, and I am going out to the movies with a friend this afternoon to see "War Horse" (if she ever calls!). So if you don't see me around the Castle, do not worry. I will be back when I can. So, eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow you will have a new monarch. ;) :D (Not that we all don't love the current one! :) )

Breakfast:

COFFE-1.jpg

fullbreakfast-1.jpg
steak_and_eggs.jpg
100_1276.jpg
Fruit-1.jpg
wafflesbreakfast.jpg
OPCC_-_Breakfast_Buffet_Closeup.jpg

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
Oh Wow! Everything is just how I left it!!

S*%#&y week or so. Thought my laptop was totally FRIED!! I plugged it in a week or so ago and it went Snap! Crackle! Pop! and shot out sparks. The screw at the corner where the plug-in is had fallen out and that side would pull up every time I raised the lid (for some reason it never occured to me to check if it was something simple like a screw:e2smack:), so eventually one of the metal parts got to close to the circuit board the plug goes into, causing a short. It shut down the computer and it wouldn't turn back on. then two days ago Rachel opened the laptop and turned it on. Of course there was only 12% battery life, and I needed to back up my files (been lazy lately, and had like 24 stories I hadn't backed up), but I couldn't find my flash drive. Found it today, but the battery was down to 8% and it kept shutting down before I could ger everything backed up. Frustration led to an ingenious plan: FIX THE DAMN THING! (It was still sparking and playing Rice Krispies when I tried to plug it in.) I removed all the screws from the bottom, pried the keyboard up enough to slip in some rubber to insulate where the problem was and low and behold, it worked!

So much happier now;)

PS: Duchess, you still need that favor?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope that now you have your laptop back working that you have backed up those stories, Prince Steven. ;)

And start saving for a new laptop. I am glad it is working now, but after having taken that kind of hit, it might be a short-lived recovery.

Was it me you are asking about the favor for? Cause my mind is so busy, I have forgotten what I might have asked. :tongue

Glad to see you back in the Castle, Prince Steven. :Hug2:

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Prince Steven. Don't you love the electronic age? I want a laptop but they're not in my budget at the moment. ^@#%

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know I said I'd be around more now but I inadvertently lied. I probably won't be around as much in the next little while. Friday night we had a house fire. No one was home, thankfully, but we did lose our two cats and our two dogs :( The house is totally destroyed; they are demolishing it tomorrow. It was a really strange feeling, to realize that we've lost pretty much everything we own. Nothing is salvageable. They are going to try to get my desk out with the crane tomorrow before they knock it down, and I really hope they can, because my external hard drive is in it with all of my pictures.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Spiral, how terrible! Thank God you're all okay. I'm so sorry about your beloved pets. My prayers are with you. :Hug2:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Friday night we had a house fire.

I am so sorry for the loss of your pets. I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family are having to go through, though I am glad that the rest of your family (yes, pets are family) made it through ok.

Take whatever time you need. The place will be here when you get back.

:)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Princess Spiral...

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know what happened. Our hearts and thoughts are with you. :Hug2:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Royals,

I have read two paranormal romances lately. And both were excellent. I highly recommend them.

The first is Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu. It is a Dirk & Steele novel, and I will be picking up another in that series soon. :D

The second is The Goblin King by Shona Husk. There is a quote on the cover from Jessa Slade, author of Seduced by Shadows, which says "A wonderfully dark and sensual fairy tale." Perfect description. :D

Someone please read these books so we can talk. I would love to find out what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.