Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The last time it wasn't the manager - it was some guy who walked into her apartment when she was in the shower. I've been really pissed off with the building security since she told me, and I know she has been close to tears because of things. It is really frustrating not being able to do anything from here.

And she has said that she already knows how to shoot. :)

I'm really glad she is moving soon.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never lived in an apartment before, if that's how they do things- I never will.

Generally, they can't. Even when you rent, the law regards the apartment as *your* space, and most reputable places have a boilerplate in the contract about not being able to enter without prior notice (except under certain emergency circumstances).

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I point out, shooting the manager would likely have been frowned upon, legally speaking.

Even in the Dakotas.

... the other guy is perhaps a different story.

:guns:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup.

Three-day-weekend commencing in T-minus 2 hrs and counting here.

:snoopy:

Followed by a three day workweek for me bcs I have next Friday off, too.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lucky you. Any fun plans?

Weather is supposed to be sooo nice here.

I don't know what it's like out your way. :Shrug:

ETA: Gah! Scratch that. It's only supposed to be nice today and tomorrow. Sunday and Monday it's going to rain, I think. :rolleyes:

:idea: Maybe I'll go see The Avengers then.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hot. Possible storms.

My plans are to hang out with my little one. And plant tomatoes.

And then next Friday we head to an amusement park.

:D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got plans to teach small children th proper use of semi-lethal weaponry this upcoming week. Wish I'd known that, before I started blocking out my schedule, though. I don't know how I am going to accomplish everything this week.

Also, a character I love has been banging about in my brainspace demanding attention, lately. NF seems a bit fond of the idea of her, too.

Seeing Avengers is always a good plan.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got plans to teach small children th proper use of semi-lethal weaponry this upcoming week.
:idea: I see. An army of children with weaponry. I say we send them to Abby once they are trained, Bri.

I planted tomatoes last week. :D Actually a bunch of veggies. I had to do them all in pots, though. I don't have access to my raised beds. :e2bummed: Maybe one day my stupid neighbors with the attack dog will move.

And The Avengers is almost a definite this weekend. Just firming up details. :hooray:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get time off this weekend, either. I am feeling a little indentured servantish, today.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I have to work too, but I doubt I'd be doing anything otherwise anyway. I live at the beach, so the locals just try to avoid the tourists until it's all over.

On the plus side, I'm basking in the afterglow of a good nightmare. A proper nightmare--you know, a wake up in middle of the night in a cold sweat, wanting to turn the light back on, but scared to reach over to the nighttable with the lamp on it because you're SURE that if you move the monster waiting at the side of your bed in the dark will EAT YOU.

That kind of nightmare. It was awesome. I haven't had a good nightmare in a while.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gah. Y'all suck. :( I have to work Sat, Sun and Mon. Stoopid holiday.
But...we are sending you a girl army. Don't we suck a little less because of that?

A proper nightmare--you know, a wake up in middle of the night in a cold sweat, wanting to turn the light back on, but scared to reach over to the nighttable with the lamp on it because you're SURE that if you move the monster waiting at the side of your bed in the dark will EAT YOU.
:snoopy:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, don't feel bad! Enjoy your time off. I'll get mine next month, for Family Reunion Time. :)

@soapy: I reckon nightmares are good for us hounds every once in a while. Just to keep us sharp, y'know?

For the record: said nightmare was about Doctor Who. I watched the first two episodes of Series 6 last night. Gah. *shudder* Thank you, Stephen Moffatt, for making those kitschy Roswell aliens SCARY AS HELL again.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from a two-week adventure all about the states. Enjoy your vacation if you get one. Seriously.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
It was either a week off or me quitting my job, because I desperately needed a break. Thank goodness I have a great boss.

(And hopefully, he'll continue to want me to work with them when I return. :p )

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Re-reading On Writing. I think I needed the inspiration. No, the gentle reminder that it is ok to put time into this craft.

Suddenly I regret using vacation time for anything else.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I need to get back into writing. As much as I enjoy my job, it sucks all of my time away.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My eldest son, Zack, graduated today. It was a wonderful commencement followed by an equally nice party hosted by Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma #1. Oh, hello, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.