William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
DELANO (AP) — A California man attending a cockfight has died after being stabbed in the leg by a bird that had a knife attached to its own limb.

The Kern County coroner says 35-year-old Jose Luis Ochoa was declared dead at a hospital about two hours after he suffered the injury in neighboring Tulare County on Jan. 30.

An autopsy concluded Ochoa died of an accidental “sharp force injury” to his right calf.

Sheriff’s spokesman Ray Pruitt says it’s unclear if a delay in seeking medical attention contributed to Ochoa’s death. Tulare officials are investigating, and no arrests were made at the cockfight.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/rooster-kills-man-attending-cockfight/

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Good for the cock. This should be illegal.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why he wouldn't seek medical treatment for a freaking stab wound, in his leg. Was he just gonna walk it off?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
probably so he didn't have to endure that look of smug judgment that doctors throw at you when you tell them you've been knifed by a bird.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Something seems a bit flighty about the story.

Death 2 hours later is way too fast for any normal infection. An extremity wound resulting in exsanguination seems odd assuming he was healthy. He could have been on anticoagulants. Maybe he was on drugs and didn't notice the bleeding? You'd think somebody would have noticed and said, "Dude, your leg is really bleeding there!" It sounds like there was an audience.

I wonder if there was some sort of poison on the blade? If people are putting blades on roosters to make them more deadly, I wouldn't put it past them to use poisons as well.

megoblocks

Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why he wouldn't seek medical treatment for a freaking stab wound, in his leg. Was he just gonna walk it off?

Because authorities would want to know how he got the wound and I'm sure he wanted to avoid the investigation and subsequent legal trouble.

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Puts a rather sharp point on the phrase, "For the wages of sin is death."

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Because authorities would want to know how he got the wound and I'm sure he wanted to avoid the investigation and subsequent legal trouble.

I'm sure even the most unimaginative among us would be able to come up with an alternative that would probably be more believable to a doctor than that particular truth.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Um...is it wrong to laugh about this? What if I just call him a dumbass?

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Cold-steeled by tempered cock?

Status
Not open for further replies.