Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok i'm back...I just learned and got my name on the list for this awesome program at my school.

Its where the government comes to the school and sets up kids with learning disabilities with a jump start at finding a job when they graduarate. I'd be working for the government though but HELL YEAH i could get picked for the FBI early now!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwwww i know the feeling... Hope everything gets better :Hug2:

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
*more hugs for HR* I know the feeling. It'll work out okay. :Hug2:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I just got a fucking HOCKEY PUCK lobbed at my HEAD in a swimming pool. AND NOW THERE'S A BUMP. LIKE IN THE CARTOONS.

Okay, in all fairness, it was aimed at the water that was 15-20 feet away from the thrower. I just came up from under the water at the same time.

FUCK. THAT HURTS.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I just got a fucking HOCKEY PUCK lobbed at my HEAD in a swimming pool. AND NOW THERE'S A BUMP. LIKE IN THE CARTOONS.

Okay, in all fairness, it was aimed at the water that was 15-20 feet away from the thrower. I just came up from under the water at the same time.

FUCK. THAT HURTS.

Aw. :( I'm sorry. *hands ice*

*wonders why there were hockey pucks being aimed at a swimming pool in the first place*

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Thalia. Sorry about your head. That sucks! You say on your profile that you write YA Mysteries. Love that genre. That's what I write too! What kinda YA mysteries do you write?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, MysteryWriter! What are we calling you? I actually need to update my profile, but yes, I do write YA mysteries. Almost always with a supernatural element, quite bloody, lots of murder. They usually end up more like thrillers than murders :tongue . Mad As A Hatter is one of them-- now I feel like querying.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I write murder mysteries. My name is MW (MysteryWriter). My books are like the example in my signature. Yours sound cool and I'm querying too

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Rep me your email and I'll send you MAAH, if you like.

(this would make for a very happy Tally)

So, I missed the questions, but how old are you, MW? I kind of want to call you Myst, by the way.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Uh... You can call me Myst. IDC. And I'm 13... I don't think I'll give out my email though, sorry. How's querying going? It's not good for me. 5 rejections but I still have 10 out there

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, Myst, that was for Zoe. She's my partner in crime.

I was thirteen when I joined AW, two years ago. Querying... well, it's a bit disappointing, 'cause I've had a lot of agents come really close to taking me on. Have you posted your query in QLH? It's brutal, but it's so worth it.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
No I didn't post it there. Haven't even gotten a partial request... Did you get up to a full?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. This is my query:

Dear Agent,

London, 1882.

Seven years ago, Emil Aleric and his sister were kidnapped by a man who called himself The Hatter. Emil survived. His sister didn't. So when he hears news of a serial killer ravaging London and leaving a note quoting Alice in Wonderland at each murder scene, Emil is convinced that his former abductor is on the prowl again. And when his young guardian, Officer Corwin James, is put in charge of the case, he thinks it must be fate.

Corwin's not too keen on Emil having anything to do with the case, but Emil's extensive knowledge of the murderer's methods is too invaluable to waste. Yet as the two get closer and closer to tracking the man down, Emil realizes exactly what confronting his past will mean. He can live with the nightmares. But if he fails to avenge his sister's death, he doesn't know how he'll live with himself-- if he lives at all.

Complete at 51,000 words, MAD AS A HATTER is a YA thriller. I am a student living in Montreal, Canada. I have never been kidnapped by a serial killer and intend to keep things that way. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Me, myself and I

Do you want me to take a look at your query for you? I mean, I'm not quite Para (our resident expert), but I'm not bad.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok i'm back from actually doing work...

I wish i could query, but only when my betas get back to me... Wow your really young Mys. I was 12 when i started writing i didnt complete my first book till i was 15! And i still have never queried any of my almost 9 books. Congrats!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, again. I'm back from the cinema. Horrible Bosses was so CLASSIC! So many stupid/classic scenes. Okay.. now back to writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.