College Students Writing For Teens

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Woot, super late addition (I'm so tired I tried to write edition...), but I'm also a college student. An English major, if you can believe that. xD I don't write excursively YA, but everything I write tries to sound like YA and I'm focusing on a YA piece right now, so...Hi!

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Adrianna and Vicorva!

Congratulations on your critique win, Smiley! That is seriously awesome. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Is anyone else participating in Camp NaNoWriMo in June?

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I might. It depends on how far into June it is that I finish AM. If I finish in the next few days, I'll either do it in June or in August. ...Depending on if I feel like doing revisions on an old project, or doing something new.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Woot, super late addition (I'm so tired I tried to write edition...), but I'm also a college student. An English major, if you can believe that. xD I don't write excursively YA, but everything I write tries to sound like YA and I'm focusing on a YA piece right now, so...Hi!

:welcome:

I used to be an English major, but then the history people called me over to the...well... History isn't the dark side. Math is. :tongue Anyway... Now I'm a double major in History (Ed) and Creative Writing. YA is always a good place to be. :)

Adrianna Burch

Registered
Reaction score
It fits me nicely, this is for sure. Also yes, math is the dark side and it doesn't even have cookies.

Pinguicha

Has the cutest cat in the world!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pinguicha.wordpress.com
Also yes, math is the dark side and it doesn't even have cookies.

No it is not :( I'm an Engineering student and I had to learn tons of different Maths. And in High School, one of my Math teachers brought us chocolates once in a while! The Math side does have cookies!

Lainey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :) I'm 18 and studying education, ancient history and English lit at uni. I write fantasy-ish YA and a bit of paranormal/supernatural stuff as well.

Adrianna Burch

Registered
Reaction score
No one's ever offered me cookies in math...

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
No it is not :( I'm an Engineering student and I had to learn tons of different Maths. And in High School, one of my Math teachers brought us chocolates once in a while! The Math side does have cookies!

Math is the only subject I can think of that I've never really used in writing. Psychology, philosophy, history, English, science, the arts, even PE (on very rare occasions)...I've used them all. Hence math being the dark side. HOWEVER.... I don't dislike math itself. Just the classes.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
So I was a Creative Writing major but....when I studied abroad I went to a medical/science school because...guys.....I secretly love medicine. *hides under covers* No one saw me here admitting this- NO ONE!

:tongue

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm also a new addition to this board. I'm going to be a uni student next fall (absolutely no idea what to major in--leaning towards philosophy, but who knows). :) I write YA fantasy. And perhaps some spec fic, here or there. (And fan fiction, but who doesn't? Hehe.) Anyway, hello! Nice to see a thread for college/uni students.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
So I was a Creative Writing major but....when I studied abroad I went to a medical/science school because...guys.....I secretly love medicine. *hides under covers* No one saw me here admitting this- NO ONE!

:tongue

Nothing wrong with medicine. It's part of science. And one of my really good friends (who is the biggest all-around geek I've ever met) is pre-med. But he can also talk fantasy, mythology, mystery, books, BBC, movies, comics, and just about anything else better than anyone else I know. Talk about your Renaissance man...

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I could never be pre-med. I hate blood, hospitals and people being sick. But I love reading about medicine and science.(So interesting!)

Determined to marry a doctor. :roll: So I can get my medical/science fix but not be in the field.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I could never be pre-med. I hate blood, hospitals and people being sick. But I love reading about medicine and science.(So interesting!)

Determined to marry a doctor. :roll: So I can get my medical/science fix but not be in the field.

I think he wants to work in the morgue. Or be a radiologist (the kind who reads the x-rays/tests). So hospital yes, blood...maybe, but no sick people. :tongue

Vicorva

The Ineloquent Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriaboulton.co.uk
Welcome!

Okay... hmm... I'm Camping for the first time this year, staying up late for the kick-off.

I'm an Animal Behaviour and Welfare student (unless I fail my exams, then maybe not).

Everyone I know thinks I'm studying to be a vet. I'm not studying to be a vet. Being a vet is icky. They have to cut stuff up, and remove pus, and they got pooed and weed on while in surgery by incontinent animals AND there's tons of paperwork. I'm doing the fun Animal Science, where you get savaged by aggressive animals. Whee!

Lainey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing camp as well :) Can't stay up til midnight to start though, I have class tomorrow T_T

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Dude! I can't believe tomorrow is already June 1! And I want to participate in Camp Nano, but... I don't want to start a new novel. :/ Every time I've done Nano (in November, that is) I've started with a fresh novel, but now I'm in the middle of one and I'm not down to abandon it. T_T

Lainey

Registered
Reaction score
If you really wanted to do Camp, you could always be a rebel and continue your current story.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've introduced 100% effective active camouflage into my hard sci-fi military story.

You may ask...why the flying fuck wasn't this stuff in book 1, when the MC had body armor and a laser rifle and fuck else?

Well, the answer is simple!

1) It's expensive
2) It's useless in space because 99% of detection isn't visual, it's by HEAT and active camo doesn't do a damn thing for heat
3) The ability to produce and move it into space didn't exist at that time.

Sadly, unlike harry potter, there is ONE tiny flaw with active camo: It can't cover up the eyes. I mean, if it did...how would you see?