Status
Not open for further replies.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I'm a stay-at-home dad, and have been for, um, like two years now. Athough that'll end just as soon as a business says "We are hiring you now," instead of their usual refrain of "ZOMG GOING UNDER ONOZ BYE" around here. :D

So I guess I'm a fulltime writer. Hey ho.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Everyone here's all scholarly and stuff with all their big, advanced degrees and real jobs.

I work at a grocery store. You know the magical faeries that fill your shelves and have one holiday off a year? That's me. Third shift to boot. It's not that bad, though. Night times are an awesome time to listen to some music (quietly) and write. And no one disturbs you.

However, I will support myself through nothing but my writing eventually. Slinging boxes of tuna fish and kissing up to middle managers isn't what I'd call my dream job.

Wow me too... lol

P.C Greene

Insanity is a state of mind
Registered
Reaction score
College graduate, but I went back on a second course for more learning :)
After college I plan to go on to University, after that try and get a decent job, but with all this recession stuff, the future looks grim for us all :(

catethegreat

Lurker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I reckon you would make a great character for a novel. I love reading about characters who do jobs that aren't their dream. Not sure why...

It would be a very short story...

She poked herself with sharp needle on security device.
She got tetanus.
Then she died.
THE END.

Seriously though, I also like to read about characters who hate their jobs. Makes me feel better about my life. I guess for the same reason I read about people with horrible/twisted/messed-up lives.

It makes the depressing numbness of my life seem less like hell and more like purgatory.

And there's always a chance you can get out of purgatory.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Seriously though, I also like to read about characters who hate their jobs. Makes me feel better about my life. I guess for the same reason I read about people with horrible/twisted/messed-up lives.

Ah you would love this novel I've been working on then. My character hates his job and takes it a bit far :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.