Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES Volume VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is a splendid bunny and it has tons of personality! Thanks, ladyxkaa!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a rainy day here. They're saying we might get just a little snow tomorrow. I don't think it will be enough to build a snowman.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, well we're supposed to get soaking rain tomorrow, yay, needed that last month, and then it's going to freeze, then thaw only a little and then freeze harder.

crikey.

Snow would be preferrable, at least to me. Better for the garden.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
bleck. I just want things warmer. I don't like blaze being cold in the kitche, but the only other place he'll stay is on my bed and if i try going to sleep with him on my bed, he'll get lazy and instead of getting down and going to the litter-box, he'll just go to the bathroom on my bed. he's done it before. I punish him each time, but he still does it. so I don't sleep with him up there anymore. one time he got mad at me and crawled into my lap and went to the bathroom ON ME.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I'm stunned 'n sooooo glad we're @ Vol. VII, thx to mah wonderful granchittlens, 'n you all are that, you know. Isn't it amazing. And thanks much to our dear Jenn for making the move possible. Whohoo! :Cake:s for all. I'm speechless 'n that's a hard thing to do. haha. Oh, Lady, I was told I looked like Eliz. Taylor in her prime, but I think I look more like someone else I can't think of. :)

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Susie, you look a lot nicer than Liz Taylor, because you ARE a lot nicer than Liz Taylor.

Sure you can draw something for me, Lady. What about a swan with a starfish. (Weird imagination, you know, goes with being a writer.)

Waving to everyone...

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, if you look like Liz Taylor, I want to see your jewels! :Hug2:

The Chargers are hanging on, but this game is making me nervous.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if Susie would be up to Liz's serial marriages. I don't remember how many times she tied the knot, but it was enough that it was really more of a bow.

Do you ever write stories or poems to go with your pics, Ladyxkaa? I've been thinking about illustrating some of my shorts.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
what I do is, I make drawings to go with my stories~ I haven't written a poem in a long time, though. I'm not as good at that stuff as I am in writing, so I get shy about it. though, I have a drawing I did to match a poem I did. also(justlikeAC) what kind of illustrations? =D I always get curious about drawings.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Pen and ink. I have no idea why they're called that; my inner editor always huffs, "Well, what else did you expect to come out of a pen?" But there you are; it's the standard way to describe them.

I gotta dragon story, creepy hooded figure story, crooked judge dystopia, phoenix, my teenage driver that I'm working on (although that one would be tough), troll, faerie lady-in-waiting, and a thief so far. Oh, and a pixie story and a vampire that stalled (she's a food fussy that only drinks AB+ blood, but I haven't figured out what else I'm doing with it).

ETA: Cool stuff, Ladyskaa.

I like to draw and I haven't done anything but paint landscapes and flowers recently. It's a nice rest from writing because art is completely wordless. It uses a different part of the brain.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I see. the reason it's called that is because it's a step above, in terms of process of drawing. it's one of the better quality traditional drawings. first there's sketching, then lineart(where it's cleaned up) then pen and ink, THEN colored and shaded. I LOVE writing, but drawing is my first love. I've been doing it seriously since i was like....7. I used to design outfits. there were flat, but i'd have a manikin(mind of) and then I'd have colored stuff to be the clothes.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, House of funners (in new digs),

I need advice. I want to get a website. I don't expect it to be free, but I don't want it to be incredibly expensive, either.

All I thought I would do on it is minimal blogging and eventually offering an e-book of my shorts. Hopefully, this will be after I get a mag to publish them and the rights revert.

I've read that I want to avoid some places because you don't own the domain. I read on an old post that google was a good place to go through, but I tried that and they want me to build some sort of web presence first and that's too much time away from writing.

I can't even figure out where to post to ask people about it. It doesn't seem to fit under tech, and the self-pubbers seem to have their act together in this area already.

Any advice (even where to go to ask advice) would be greatly appreciated. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are a few threads in Tech Help about websites.

Do you actually want a website, or mostly just blog? Having a blog at one of the blog hosting websites would be easier.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Alleycat, I don't even know enough to know what I want. I don't even really want to blog, but I figured I could suck it up enough to put a few random semi-witty thoughts up there.

I've read some agents like to see you have a website when you query, and I thought links to a cheap e-book on Amazon to potentially build readership (not really sure on that one either), plus a few free shorts.

I self-pubbed one book (my aunt's biography) and it was a pain, but no worse. Did it through createspace. So I can apparently handle that bit.

I'm completely open to any ideas. I really don't know that much about this. I'm better with nouns and verbs and stuff.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Snow???? You did not say snow.

BRB

Okay, finished putting clothespens along the bottoms of curtains so the heat from the vents (carefully built under the windows) won't be caught by curtains and disolve against the freezing windows.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Ebil laugh.

Thought you'd hide from me, did you?

See above--- I found you!!

I maybe technologically inept, okay, I am techonologically inept. I may have trouble reading a map, that's still up for question, but I can follow chocolate cake crumbs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.